~*5*~

she could have sworn she went to sleep on the couch, but she woke up in a roomy king-sized bed with deep blue sheets. She was still in that god awful dress, but she found her bag resting on a bedside table, and her shoes beside them. she got up quickly but felt disoriented, and had to sit down again. 

Gaining her composure she got up and grabbed her bag. Her things were all still there except for her cell phone. She should have expected it, but she still felt panicked. She left her things where they were, and exited the bedroom.

She stood in the hallway on the second floor of the house.  The decorations throughout the home all flowed nicely, and she maintained some respect for the interior designer who had done everything. 

The stairs spiraled downstairs and promised a painful fall if one should trip on it. (Y/n) didn't trust her balance and she clutched the railing the entire way down. There was a clatter from the kitchen and the sudden waft of a pleasant aroma. She got to the sitting room that joined the kitchen, and it was Jim. He was cooking up a storm, he really didn't peg (Y/n) as the type to partake in the culinary arts. 

She managed a glare at him as she found no other option of what to do.

"Your eyes could burn holes in the back of my head, dear," He said now facing her. 

"Could you blame me?"

"Now don't peg this on me, you made the choice."

She sighed, "not that I had much of a choice." She leaned on the island next to a bar stool.

Jim slide a plate of food in front of her, "Eat up."

She remained stagnant, he probably poisoned it.

"Get over the dramatics, it's not poisoned! who do you peg me for?"

"A criminal, who would most definitely poison somebody's food."

"You watch too many movies, (Y/n), I hardly kill people myself."

"So by the fact that you made this, I should trust it won't kill me?"

"You have my word."

"I'm not sure how much your word is worth," She mumbled as she reluctantly took a bite. 

She hid her expression to her best abilities because to her surprise the food was incredibly good, it reminded her a bit of classic comfort food she would enjoy back home. And as far as she could tell, not poisoned.

"Should have taken my word," Jim laughed, " now, Here's what is going to happen. You are allowed free reign of this house, but you aren't allowed to leave without my permission, or without anyone with you."

"Quite the modern fairytale isn't it," she grumbled.

"I do quite like the dramatic flare," he continued, "You will be staying in the room you found yourself in this morning, oh- and,"

He slid her cell phone over to her, that's where it had gone.

"You are allowed to use it, now that I've had some uses restricted. I trust you won't tell anyone too much of your situation, and you'll be pleased to find you can still converse with your favorite detective and his sidekick."  

"Why?"

"I like toying with them."

He started walking out, "I best be off, I won't be back till late tonight. Don't wait up~"

"Alright."

And with that, the front door was closed and locked.

(Y/n) was alone, in a house much larger than she was used to. she felt so much more alone than she liked. She pulled her phone out and opened SMS.