Lost and Found

It was seven in the morning when Taehyung's alarm started rezoning in the dark room

It was seven in the morning when Taehyung's alarm started rezoning in the dark room. Undoubtedly, the annoying buzz was the living nightmare of anyone seeking rest after a long day of work. Some would throw their clock on the ground while some other would curse at their phone, groaning in annoyance for having to wake up this early.

Much to Taehyung's liking, he only had to stretch his arms and turn his alarm off with half-opened eyes. He couldn't even budge for the weight on his chest and the warm arms wrapped around his body. Since Jungkook moved in with him, Taehyung —who wouldn't let him go— lost count of the nights during which he slept profoundly. As soon as his body would come into contact with Jungkook's secure grip, the weight of the day would dissipate with every breath he would took in. He found himself impatiently waiting for the night to come and wishing to never leave his two-sized warm bed.

Sticking to his usual morning routine from washing up to stealing one of Jungkook's black t-shirts because 'it has your scent and it calms me during when you're not here'—Taehyung always reasoned, the kitchen was the first station to stop at. He would pour coffee in two cups, a white one with a blue heart in his left hand and a black one with a red heart in his right hand.

Taehyung was indeed the one to order the cute set of personalised matching cups for their one month anniversary. Obviously, the choice of his cup reminded him of a scenery he belonged to. He could almost picture the limitless blue sky with white clouds here where seabirds freely flapped their wings over the endless blue sea. Such cool colours were missing something—something that brought more life to it. It missed the scorching sunset as it welcomed the night sky, the path to a new day, hence Jungkook's cup. Jungkook was dark passion. He was that deep hot shade of red that shook his scenery and brought vivacity to it. He was surrounded by darkness but deep inside he was as sweet as cherry and dizzying as red wine. Together, their sceneries merged into a dark blue sky during daylight that overlapped with a starry red sky, dots of purple piercing the whiteness of the clouds like strawberries on a vanilla topping.

Taehyung stared at the painting hanging on the wall peacefully and smiled at the memory. He then headed upstairs to wake his boyfriend up. He found himself swimming in peace when looking at the said precious creation of his.

He was rich, so filthily rich but it wasn't bothersome anymore. He never thought he would ever take joy in it, his two main sources of richness being Jungkook and art. He wouldn't trade this richness for anything in the world, that is sharing a home with Jungkook and launching his own gallery where he exhibited his unexpectedly well-selling paintings. It wasn't like Taehyung didn't believe in his skills, but he only ever painted for his own pleasure. He wouldn't have thought some unknown people would take interest in his work and take pleasure in it as well.

Taehyung was focused on the tableau before him his skin matching his work in colors. He was too focused that he didn't notice the pair of eyes gazing at him fondly. An abrupt ring from his phone brought him back to reality making him flinch and blink twice when noticing the other's presence.