Chapter 14 • Christmas Break

D R A C O 'S P O V

"I need your help," "With what?" "I need you to distract Rose for me," "And why would I want to do that?" Theo chuckled, of course he would do it, he just likes to be a prick sometimes.

"I want to ask her to marry me..." "That's brilliant!" "Thank you, I just need to ask your parents for their permission even if they can't say no," "How very traditional," "Shut up, but I also need to ask McGonogall for permission to block off some of Hogwarts, I want to take her through they years I knew her as Hermione," "Ooh, romantic," "Once again, shut up... don't act like you wouldn't do the same for Harry and Luna," he blushed, knowing it was the truth.

"Okay, Dad is currently at work and I think mother is with yours," I thanked him before apparating to the ministry.

"Oh, hello Son," "Hello father," once I landed in the centre of the ministry, I turned to see my father stood in front of me. "What are you doing here?" "I need to see the minister, if you're free you might want to come," "I've got some time, I believe he is in his office," making small talk and informing my father on what had been happening at Hogwarts we headed down several winding corridors to the Ministers office.

"Hello Draco, Lucius, how can I help you?" "I need to speak with you, both of you really," my father took a seat whilst I remained standing. "Sure thing kiddo, what's up?" "Well, as you know I recently learnt who Rose used to be glamoured as, obviously I hated myself for the torture I put her through, but what hurt the most was the fact she thought I could hate her, so I want to prove to her that I love her endlessly," they both remained staring at me, though I believe they knew where I was heading with this.

"So in true Pureblood fashion, I wish to ask for your permission to marry your daughter," "Of course you have my permission, though I couldn't disagree due to the agreement," "Congratulations son, you must inform your mother I believe she is at the manor with Mrs Gaunt, she will have something to give you," after several minutes of chatting about my plans to propose, I floo'd to the manor.

"Hello Draco," Mrs Gaunt greeted, "Hello Mrs Gaunt, is my mother around?" "She's just nipped upstairs to grab something, I'm sure she'll be down in a minute," "Oh Okay, I need to speak with you both, though I am assuming that my mother knows what it's about," "Okay, I think I can hear your mother on her way down," "Hello Draco," "hello mother, can we sit? I need to discuss something with the pair of you," they both nodded in agreement before heading to the sitting room and taking a seat on two leather chairs.

"So, mother I assume you already know, but I have already spoken to the minister but I wanted to also ask you Mrs Gaunt, if I could marry your daughter?" "Of course! I'm thrilled for you both, have you any plans for the proposal?" "I'm going to take her through Hogwarts in all the places that we had our arguments from when she was Hermione," "Really?" "I know it sounds strange, but I think she still believes I hate her for being Hermione so I'm going to prove that I don't," "That's so romantic, but you're going to need this," my mother slipped a ring off her finger, passing it to me.

"Every new Malfoy is to be given this on their wedding day," the ring was simple but elegant, a silver band with two emeralds and the centre containing an emerald.

"Thank you, I best get going, so many things to plan," "Good luck!" They both chorused before I left.

     T I M E  S K I P

"Rose?" "Oh, Hello, where have you been?" "I was planning one of your Christmas presents," "Oh Really now," "Yep, so we best be off," "To where exactly?" "Hogwarts," I grabbed hold of her arm before apparating us to the school.

"Why are we here?" "Because I need to remind you of how much I love you," "That's sweet but why here?" "Because this is where I met the other you," she looked confused but allowed me to pull her to the first year boats.

"When I met you here, I was beginning to express my fake loyalty for the dark lord, I was a dick to put it simple, but here's the first time you challenged me," she laughed at the memory. Next stop, second year,

"Here's where I slipped the note into your hand when you was paralysed-" "That was you?" "Trust me, if I could have just told Potter I would," "Well, Thank you," "Here's when I first realised how much I missed the annoying know it all," she laughed. I could tell she was getting excited for the next stop, however I wanted that to be the last one,

I pulled her over to the lake, where she was submerged during the first challenge, "Here's where I was so scared for your life, where I had to put all my trust into Harry," "But I was completely safe..." "Yeah well I didn't know!" She laughed.

Next stop fifth year. We headed into Hogwarts once again, heading for Head mistress McGonogall's office. She nodded subtly at me before leaving us alone with a quick smile.

"This is where Umbridge the bubblegum freak torture you with that hellish quill, where I wanted to step up and save you, at this point I remember the Amour bond was going wild within me yet I never knew why," "Draco... why are we doing this?" "Because you need to know that I never actually hated Hermione, no it's true I could never love just her, but I always had a slight feeling towards her and now I guess we know why," she blushed before allowing me to drag her the our next stop.

"Let's face it, sixth year was not the best... but this spot right here, is where Harry nearly killed me with the damn spell and all I could think about is how much I wanted you by my side as I took my final breaths," a tear slipped from her eye as I explained what happened, allowing her to feel the scars through my shirt.

"Well, you never spent any time here during seventh year, but I would come to sit here every day waiting for you to come save us all," it was brief, but I could tell it impacted her greatly,

"Now, you may have realised I skipped a year, but there is a reason," I lead her out to the rocks that she punched me in front of during our third year. "Here is where I realised you had a mean right hook," she laughed, whilst pecking my nose, "I'm sorry about that," she chuckled, "Now worries, I was being a father pompous twit," "Truth," "And whilst I love that memory, I wanted to create a new one..." she seemed confused until I got down on one knee, holding the family heirloom in front of me.

"Rose Gaunt, I lost you at such a young age and I never, ever want to do that again. Going through our memories of school, I realised how much I missed you by having you so close but so far away. I love you so much that I would risk my life to the dark lord a million times over and face thousands of hexes and Azkaban itself to be with you... will you marry me?"

"YES YES YES YES YES!" She screamed, I pushed her back to the rock, smashing our lips together.

She was forever mine.