Chapter 6: The Twins Pt.1

(Y/N) : your name
(L/N) : last name
" " : dialogues

________________________________________

((Y/N)'s POV)

How long will this last? It's been only a few weeks since the election started. There's still basically a year left. I should just get this over with. On the other hand, at least things went well with Kanade the other day, kinda. It would seem that I'm a paid employee of hers now.

I can only sigh as I think about a future where I have Kanade as a boss...

But well, at least I have today to rest. Even though it's Monday, I don't really have anything in my schedule. I guess I should go eat breakfast and enjoy my day.

As I went downstairs, the house felt silent. I guess the king is off to the castle. The others are probably at school.

But as I walk towards the dinner table, I was surprised to see Misaki sitting there. She appears to be staring aimlessly into the fridge.

"Um... Misaki, what are you doing here by yourself, shouldn't you be at school?" She turned around when she heard me.

Hmm

Hmm... doesn't Misaki seem a bit different? And also, why is she nibbling on that thing, isn't it empty?

Before I could say anything, a large growl could be heard from her stomach.

"Um... are you perhaps hungry?" She then simply nodded.

"Where is the queen, by the way?" She just answered with an 'I don't know' gesture. Why isn't she talking, weren't Misaki a chatterbox before?

"Well then, it can't be helped. I'll make something, although it might not be as good as the queen's cooking." Her eyes seemed yo glow in joy hearing that.

And so, I prepared my ingredients. And by that I mean searching the place for instant ramen. After six years of self dependency, I have mastered the art of cup noodles. By now, I have endless wisdom on how to create amazing mixtures of flavor.

"Behold, the best cup ramen you'll ever have! It is a mixture of different flavors and some other ingredients!" As I unveiled the dish I just made, Misaki stared at the bowl with wonder. I can see her drooling from here.

"It might not be the healthiest diet, but it is tasty, so it's worth it, probably."

With that, I prepared two bowls for us.

"Bone apple tea! or however people say it nowadays..."

And so, we dig in. It took only a few seconds for us to finish the meal. Finally, our hunger has been sated.