Chapter 2: What The?

A/N Maddox>>>>>>>>>>>

Song of the chapter>>>>>>>>>>>>

*********************************

"Collin?" I hear a male voice by my ear ask full of longing.

"What the hell Maddie!?" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"What?" Maddox asks, again.

"Do NOT do that again!" I yell.

"He was going to kill you!"

Maddox, after I had gone a little ditzy, put the random robber into a headlock and almost tore some ligaments in his upper body/ neck area. We had to take the robber, witch I learned a little later that his name was Robert isn't that funny, to the hospital and pay some expensive medical bills.

"I don't care!" Maddox has always loved me. Love loved me. He told me when we were in kindergarten and has never been able to look at me the same way since. The only problem though, with my dad being all vampire, was that I was scheduled to marry the prince of my dreams. Yeah I know. A little twist on the original fairy tale.

"Well I do!" He retorted.

I took a deep breath through my nose. I was sitting on the leather couch in front of the huge bay window in the east living area.

"I know." I reply to his outburst after a minute or two.

"Well then please don't question me." he says sincerely.

"You know I can't love you. You know that."

I laugh. I can NEVER stay mad at Maddie. He's to sweet to stay mad at.

He runs a hand through his short brown hair.

"You know I could fight with you." he stated.

"I know."

"But I love you to much."

"But honestly Maddie the hilarious thing is Perry does too." I giggle knowing I'm ticking him off. We call my best girlfriend Perdix, Perry.

"God, I hope not."

He doesn't really fancy anyone. Other than me and my boring blackish hair and blue eyes. I mean sure I look good with a tan and my hair half up half down in a sand colored dress on a sunset walk on a beach. Yeah that was my favorite vacation.

"Well I don't get why you don't see it."

"What are you talking about?" I knew that I couldn't love him back. Never will.

"Nothing."

"Okay, can you please just go get me a drink. I beg?" I asked him silently pleading that he leave.

"Yes, but don't ask for anything more!" He yelled from down the hall.

"I won't!" I yelled back with a long sigh afterwards. Maddox, handsome and lean as a model, sly and clever as a fox. I don't know how to make a simile with the word annoying, but he's that too.

I cross the hall into my room and lay down on my bed. I pull up my golden comforter and fall asleep to the sound of rain.

*********************************

The droplets fell on the glossy black floor like raindrops in a puddle. Except this wasn't rain, and this wasn't just any other rainy day. That was blood dropping into puddles at my feet.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain at my side and my leg. Had I just been stabbed? Twice!? "What the?" I say aloud.

------------------------------------------

Insert scary music lol.

Song of the chapter is Purified by Of Mice & Men. Ya

This chapter was really short but I had to explain some things. I didn't do a very good job I know but I will make it up to you and tell you why Collin is constantly in harms way. Even though she doesn't know it yet. SPOILER ALERT!!!! Maddox and Collin are really married. Maddox is that princely figure she was talking about. Yep.

Ya and about Rob the robber, I got bored and was watching King for a Day by Pierce The Veil and Kellin Quinn so. Ya