Chapter 1: Life After You

I cried at their wedding.

I cried when I met him.

I cried as Lennox and I walked down the isle.

Sabrina, my mother, was marrying my father's, her husband's, killer, her new husband.

It just didn't make sense. HOW IN HELL CAN SHE BETRAY HIM LIKE THIS?

Thirteen years ago Jakob Stilts killed my beloved father. Never wanting to trade Ashley's blood for his own. Especially when he actually MET Ashley's blood.

Me.

Jakob has abused me and used me. Coned me out of and into things that I just knew was wrong, and he was getting paid for it!

I tried so hard to kill Jakob in his sleep time and time again but my mother's beautiful face always stopped me. She always looks so happy with him. It makes me sick.

She doesn't have a clue about father's real killer. Se says she wasn't in the room. I believe her. She wouldn't have married Jakob if she knew. But he talked me into lying. Lying for his pleasures of killing random people. VAMPIRES FOR GOD'S SAKE!

But Ashley left me a note through his will, saying Jakob has been trying this for a long time and that I should steer clear of him specifically. So can you just imagine my horror when mother brought him home!? Yeah you can't.

I chuckle aloud.

"What are you thinking Collie?" my mother asks with a smile. I shrug as

I bite down on my finger.

"Nothing much. That's what always goes on inside that dumbass head of hers." Jakob's son, Lennox, laughs as he uses all of his strength not to melt under my intense glare.

"Whatever ass."

Lennox lifted up his snooty booty and walked up a couple steps out of the garden already panting. I envy common people. I hate this rich lifestyle. Plus everyone knows that the Stilts' are only rich because Jakob is a highly professional hit man.

"Collin?" My (blood-related) little half-brother asks always adorably curious.

"Yes, Lee?" I reply with question. He runs up to me and sits on my lap. He pulls apart my leather jacket and snuggles into my chest. It was a rather cold morning in Septmber. Creepily cold.

"Is that one of your daddy's shirts?" he asks. I sometimes wear my dad's old t-shirts for lounging or when I'm sad or lonely. This one is an old Rolling Stones black knee length t-shirt that I slipped over a pair of long leggins.

"Yes, Leathan. It is." My dad was never big on naming me Leathan, but my mom had dreamed of it. I pick up Lee, carry him into my room, and set him on my bed. I gotta say, my room is pretty nice. I have a four poster king-sized bed. A couple televisions, state of the art sound systems, a HUGE closet. Last but not least,my own sound recording studio. My friends Perdix, Bayne, and I like to play around with the stuff in there. But I am lonely without Leathan so he has a connecting door that goes into his room. It was never SUPPOSED to be there. I just heard Lee screaming one night and apparently didn't want to use my door. So I took a sledge to it... yeah... where did I even get a sledgehammer? Well I really dont know.

Even when I was younger I refused to take Jakob's family name. My father still needed some respect given. Ugh! They act like hes not my father. They act as though Jakob's my dad. Uh. No.

"Collie, your thinking again." Leathan looks up from his favorite toy, a small stuffed carrot my father gave me when I was scared. He had said if I held it closer and imagined he was standing in front of me, he would be. It never technically worked but I felt comforted knowing that my father cared so much for me that he would give me his prized possession. One day a couple years ago, Lennox stole that carrot from Lee and I about bashed Ennox's head in.

"That toy was my Daddy's!" I screamed at a ten year old Lennox. I was eight at the time. He threatened me by holding the soft plush out the third story window. When we were younger Lennox used to drop my barbies and his dinosaur toys out that very same window after catching them on fire.

"Do you have to go back?" Leander asks in his cute little voice. Leander doesn't like me going to school because when I do the only person that looks after him is Nellie their maid, and she's rude as fuck. Last time I left him here with her she locked him in his room and he had to open the windows because it was sweltering. HE IS THREE!!!!! When I got home I screamed at my mother to fire her. Of course she didn't.

I walk over to my stereo and plop in my My Chemical Romance; Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys and turned it to Vampire Money.

"Yeah, I'm sorry Leander. I have to. Believe me, if this wasn't an utter death trap of a hell, I would take you and Jakob's money and run." I took a hopeful breath. If only, if only, the wolf cried to the moon. I smiled a bit.

"Collin? Why is your dad dead?" Leander doesn't know what death is. So of course I told him that my daddy is somewhere special. Without me.

"Come on Lee time for bed." Say picking him up and rushing him into his room ignoring his protests. "Goodnight Lee!"

"But!"

"No buts!"

"Aw," Leander whined as I walk back into my own room.

I sigh and slip into the bathroom.

I undress and pull a long black sweater over my head and brush my black hair back into a pony tail.

I feel an arm wrap itself around my waist and another cover my mouth.

"Don't make a sound." A rough manly voice told me.

I whimpered. The hell I won't!

I scream on the top of my lungs attempting to get everyone in the house's attention and failing.

I see Maddox run from the hall. "Collin? Unhand her foe!" he screamed at my captor. Woah when was he born? Late 1600s? Who says 'unhand her foe' anymore? The man looked down at me with an explaination, I shrug and he pulls me down to the ground by my hair and points a gun to my head.

Immediately I go crazy. Smelling the scent of, was that feet? No maybe, maybe, moonbeams? I have no idea.

"Unhand her!" Maddox screams again. Oh yeah I mean literally screams like he sounds like Oliver Sykes or Austin Carlile on a bad day. (A/N: don't ask.)

In the background Dr. Death seems to be warning the two men in front of me to 'look alive' calling them sunshine. Everything goes silent. I can't help but laugh as soon as he says something about God's revolver. My laugh is muffled by a gloved hand that found itself astray after Gerard Way started singing about drugs.

*********************************

Who can guess what CD I was listening to the WHOLE TIME I wrote this????? It took me about three days to write this. It's of poor quality but there you go Ashlei it's longer than most with a cliffhanger lol

Song of the chappie-

Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)- My Chemical Romance

Haha I accidentally wrote tomance!!!

That would just be narsty.

If you can't tell she got a little giddy at seeing Maddox. He's so heroic. And likes to scream... apparently.