Prolouge: Daddy!

"Waaah!" Jewel screams when Alexander takes a step closer.

"I utterly hate preschool." I mumbled to myself sighing in defeat. Miss Dyer has been trying to get my shoes on my feet for hours. But I refuse to look away from Alexander ripping Jewel's earrings out of her ears. Haha it's funny to watch her scream.

"Sweet Collie?" Daddy calls from the doorway.

I run and jump into his open arms.

"Little girl?" Daddy asks suspiciousily (a/n this is supposed to be narrated by a cute three year old Collin so she stumbles on the words. SHE'S THREE!).

"Yes, Daddy?" I ask suspiciouschously back.

"Say cinnamon!" I hear Alexander taunt Jewel while she screams.

"You were supposed to be a good little girl for daddy and listen to the teacher when she said to get your shoes on." My daddy, Ashley, picks me up off the floor an looks at the teacher. "I am awful sorry, Ma'am. I'll be sure to talk to her later."

Miss Dyer blushed and looked away.

Daddy was handsome. He has shaggy black hair and is always pale. He is really tall. Just as tall as Miss Dyer. He was in his work clothes, a button up black trench coat, black jeans, and dress shoes.

"Time to get you home Miss Piggy. Good day Miss Dyer!" Daddy shouted on the way out of the stinky building.

We drove to our apartment. "Mommy doesn't get off work until six and its only four." Daddy told me. I counted on my stubby fingers. I had six and took away four that leaves me with. Hm, two? I'll ask Daddy.

"Is that two hours Daddy?" I ask him.

"Awesome that was spot on honey!"

"Yay!" Daddy and I worked on take aways all the time at home.

We pulled into the driveway and Daddy carries me in on his shoulders. We wave to the old lady down the street and to Auntie Jay and to Kate from room 17G. We are in apartment 7D. Daddy slips the key in the keyhole, pulls open the door, and sets me on the counter. We live in Haley Appartments in Applewater, Washington. (A/N MADE UP PLACE!!)

"So, little princess. What would you like to eat?" Daddy asks me as I point to the peanut butter and jelly on the table with a grunt. "Alrightey then, oh wait, when is your birthday again?"

"I dont know?"

"Tomarrow which is?"

"Today is Friday so Saturday?" I ask singing the seven days of the week in my head.

"Good job girl!" he high-fives me.

"Heres your sandwich Miss Heroes and here's mine. What's my name?" he raised his eyebrow.

"Ashley?"

Daddy shook his head. "Try again."

"Mr. Heroes?"

"Nope."

"Daddy."

"No silly." he starts to tickle me.

I giggle so hard it hurts.

"Stop! That tickles!" I said through bubbly laughter.

"What's my name?" Daddy asks as he thrateningly lifts up my armpit ready to tickle. "Hm?"

"Jester Ashley Ray Heroes the third?" I ask remembering a court jester in the story the teachers read to us in preschool today.

"Very impressive." Mommy says from the door. Woah was it six already?

"Mommy!" I run up to her small frame and wrap my arms around her knees. Daddy comes over and kisses Mommy on the cheek. He takes her coat away and places it with his on the hanger. Mommy crouches down and wraps her arms around my waist and I hug her neck.

Mommy is pretty too. She has really long brown hair and golden eyes.

"Hello georgeous." Daddy says after kissing Mommy again on the forehead.

Mommy kisses him back but on the cheek. Ewie.

"Hello to you sir." Mommy replies giving him a hug.

"What would you like for dinner Sabrina?" Daddy asks before going into the kitchen.

"Anything Ash." Mommy was like that. She didn't always know things.

After supper Mommy and Daddy told me to start a bath and that Mommy would be in there in a minute.

Except Mommy didn't show up a minute later.

From the bathroom. I heard Daddy curse. Something hit the floor with a thud. Mommy shrieked.

When she ran into the bathroom I didn't look at her face. She scooped me up and ran me across our apartment to my room. I lay down on my bed and squeeze my stuffed unicorn Pippy.

Then I see Mommy's face. There was splattered blood and tears. Her face was deep red from her silent sobs.

"What's the matter Mommy?" I ask.

"Nothing Collin. Its fine. Go to sleep." Mommy kisses my forehead and walks off.

But I knew. Daddy was dead.

*********************************

I am so cruel!!! It was hard... POOR COLLIN!!!!!!!!! She is so cute though!!!

Although I DO NOT like typing Mommy and Daddy.

POOP!!!! I dropped my iPod again lol.

I hate how her mom told her it was fine. POO ON YOU!!!

Yes this was a prologue.

Oddly enough I have a song that is awesome for defining Ashley's character.

Miles Away- Memphis May Fire and Kellin Quinn.