Chapter 1

"We are now arriving in LA. Please stay seated until the plane stops. Thank you for flying with new york airlines have a nice day."

I looked out the window at all the huge buildings. When the plane stopped I grabbed my bookbag and got off. I walked into the airport. I had to go through the security but after that I was free. I went to a McDonald's and got food. I didn't have a place to stay at the moment. Hotel it is.

I got an uber to this really nice hotel. I had the money to buy an apartment but I have to find a apartment and then all this other stuff. The hotel will do for the night or 2. I got a room and went up. It was really nice. I was back pack traveling because my ex husband decided everything of mine is his. So I grabbed a bookbag and put some clothes and stuff I needed it. I stole alot of his money and canceled my bank account and made a new one. So fuck him.

My parents hated that I left but oh well. I ordered room service and then started looking online for some open apartments. I found one that I really liked. I was feeling jet lagged so I waited for room service and then fell asleep.

Mikes pov.

I woke up to the sound of LA traffic. My favorite noise of all time. There was a knock on my door. "What?" I groaned. The door opens and it was kevin. "Dude. The craziest thing just happened." Kevin says. "What?" I asked. "I was on Instagram and I saw my cousin was in LA. I texted her and we are gonna go meet her at tender greens." Kevin explained. I groaned. "Fine. Let me get dressed." I tell him. He nods. "You have 15 minutes." He says before closing my door.

Nina pov.

My cousin kevin has just texted me telling me that he wants to see me. So I'm going to Tender Greens and we are gonna have lunch. I woke up around 12 so it seems right. I got into the shower and got dressed.

We are gonna pretend that's what Nina looks like

I left the hotel and got a uber to Tender Greens. Kevin was my cousin on my dads side. The traffic here sucked. Kevin had texted me saying he was already there and I had to tell him about the traffic.

*skip LA traffic*

I finally get to Tender Greens. I walk in and see my cousin and another guy. Kevin sees me and get up. I walk over and hug him. "How are you doing?" he asked. "Better." I say. The other guy stands up. "Um hey I'm mike." He says holding out his hand. "Nina."  I say taking his hand to shake it. We all sat down. "Kevin didn't tell me he was bringing a friend." I say. "Yeah kev didn't tell me his cousin was a female." Mike says. I chuckle. "So what brings you to L.A little cousin?" Kevin asked. "Run away. Divorce. Mental abuse." I say. The boys look at me. "Don't worry. All that's left behind in the past." I assure them. "Well I think you are very strong to leave all your life behind to start a new one." Mike says. "Yeah its always good to start a new life." I say. We had ordered our drinks and food. "So I have been looking into new apartments and a job. I found an apartment." I say taking a drink of my iced tea. "No job yet?" Mike asked. "Excuse me guys. I got to take this call." Kevin says. He leaves. "Um no. Not yet." I tell him. "Well. What if I told you. Im in need of an assistant." Mike says. "Wait you are? I'll take it." I tell him. "Wait really? Awesome." He says. I raise my glass. "Here's to a new beginning." I say. He raises his glass and we clink them together and take a drink. Kevin came back. "What I miss?" He asked. "Well I just became his assistant." I tell him. "Well congratulations. You are in good hands." Kevin says. I giggle.

Mike was a good looking guy. His tattoos made him look really hot.  He started talking about a song he was writing. I sat and listened. "Could I have a listen to your music?" I asked. "Sure. You can come to me and Kevin's place if you'd like." Mike says. "Id love to." I reply. "So who's paying?" Kevin asked. "I will." I say. "No. You just got here. I'll do it." Mike says. "Oh okay." I say smiling. "But I get to leave a tip." I tell him. "Ugh fine." He grins. Kevin looked between us both. "You guys are gross." He says. I gave him a confused look.

We got to Mike's car. I got into the front. I grabbed the aux and played baby shark. "Not you too." Mike says. I start to laugh. I start to play my favorite song Superficial Love by Ruth b.

I start to sing with music. As I sung mike would glance at me. After the song was over he turned the music down. "Hold up. You can sing? That was so amazing!" He exclaims. I start to blush. "Thank you." I tell him. "You should totally do a cover with mike. Just a thought." Kevin suggested. "I mean I'm down if she is." Mike says. "I'm down." I say.

******

We got to Kevin's apartment. "Our roommate Arya is out." Kevin says. Their apartment was cute. "Okay guys I gotta edit." Kevin says. "Well follow me Nina." Mike says. I follow him to his room. It looked amazing. There was music equipment everywhere. "Wow. You have things everywhere." I tell him. "Tell me about it. Its fucking messy in here." He says. "I can clean it if you want me to." I tell him. "Only if you want to." he says. "I need to or it probably won't get done." I say going to grab a trash bag. He nods and looks up acting hurt. "Hey! What's that suppose to mean?" he yells after me. I just giggle.