Chapter 15: Unwanted Realizations

3rd Person POV

Cupid nodded and snapped his fingers. Which left our dynamic duo in a flurry of pink and golden mist. Our previous love god however, forgot to explain to Leo that breathing this stuff in, wasn't a good idea, and Nico appeared to have forgotten until they landed at the foot of a cave. Because the Son of Hades gasped and turned to Leo, who had slumped downwards a little bit and very out of breath.

But when he looked up, his eyes were unfocused and the Latino forced himself to look down feeling strong emotions all swarm him at once. "Shit shit shit.." Nico muttered. The tone of concern caught Leo's ears and he tried to look up. But Nico covered his eyes. "Don't look at me Valdez. His mist will make you fall in love with the first person you see. And I'm starting to believe he's just fucking with us some more."

The way Nico said it, felt like hopes were just as they are said. Hopes. And Leo knew this. He knew that this was all it was. That's what this was, an accident, something that should've never happened. But Nico sighing brought Leo back, just then making him aware of Nico's hand over his eyes, and THANK GODS Leo managed to keep the smoke out of his hair for this one.

"Okay, we can either blindfold you or- well. I dunno. Blindfolding might be the best option." But Leo knew better. He shook his head and grabbed Nico's wrist, tugging it.

"I know a spell that uh- Hazel taught me! She said that she knew Cupid might've done this, so she told me just in case. But you gotta turn around." Leo heard a sigh, but this time it was in relief and heard Nico's body face and look the other way.

Leo looked up at Nico's back. He had let go of Leo's hand when they fell in front of the cave and now the chains were back, but shorter. And when Leo felt no new emotion towards the demigod, he felt his entire being start to swell up.

I knew it, I fucking knew it, Leo's thoughts cursed loudly. And he knew this wasn't going to end well. Not for him. He needed to get this over with and quickly. Because the sooner he does, the sooner he can leave to his bunker and stay there for the rest of his miserable life. "Is it alright now?" Nico asked, and Leo snapped out of his sorrowful thoughts.

"No, sorry, I'm having difficulties remembering the words." Nico groaned and sat down, bringing Leo down with him as they sat back-to-back.

I'm that horrible to be stuck to huh? I'll bet, I am quite annoying, I've been told multiples times before. I'm still part human, and a guy can only take so much, more of these thoughts came while Leo tried to take this small moment to gather himself together. He knew Hazel had said nothing of the such about Cupid and spells to him. But he had to lie. The Latino knew he couldn't barge into a cave full of potential dangers with his emotions starting to become raw.

So they sat there for a bit. And Leo wasn't nearly the only one who was feeling bitter about this last quest. Nico was staring at his hands. The free one and the one with the magical chain wrapped around his wrist. The Italian was keeping his own emotions at bay.

I want to be solo, I should be solo, it's better. I'll get happy, and nothing will be bad for a little bit until everything crashes. I want to be solo, it's better. I want to be solo. Solo is for me. I-I need to be solo. Find a space and let go. I need to be solo. I need to let go of him. Gods I want to see his eyes again, when will this spell be done? 

No, stop it! I need to be solo, I need to lie low, find a space and let go. Nico took a deep breath, thinking that this was for the best. Besides, he killed everyone he came close to. So why was this any different? From anyone else's point of view. His words might seem stupid. But in reality, they stung, these simple words, that at first thought should be worthless. They meant something, and nothing good.