Chapter 1: Leo

Leo

"Mr.Valdez, are you in here?" I heard a rough but welcoming voice call to me. It was Chiron, and he clearly wanted something. So, I did the only thing I could.

"Yeah, on the workbench!" I called back to him. I was in Bunker 9, working on yet another thing that the Ares Cabin broke. This time, it was my younger brother's miniature Festus he built for me. I told my brother, Harley, that I would fix it up for him, and that after I was done, I'd play with him with it.

He didn't do a bad job, not at all. It was about the size of a basketball. It was well put together, and the only thing that needed needed to be fixed was the wingspan for flight. Well, what it would've needed, until one kid from the Ares Cabin stepped on the small automation while Harley was trying to fix it on the way here, he was test-flying it and the mini-Festus fell on the ground.

I had a few words with that kid.

 So, I was just finishing it up, while Chiron made his way in Bunker 9, another person following behind him. It was a girl, she was wearing some shorts, and a smudgy, brown T-Shirt. My guess, she was around 8 years old. She had peachy skin, and brown eyes, and was around 4'9. Chiron approached me as I wiped some grease off my forehead, my wrench still in my hand. 

"Greetings Leo. I have someone for you to meet." He moved to the side a bit and the girl was hiding behind him, trying to be cautious of me. I knelt down to her level (Which wasn't very far, since I was about 3 inches taller) and gave a small wave. 

"Hello there. My name's Leo." She smiled and waved back, I stood up and faced Chiron, "So...Why is she at Bunker 9, and why did you come to me?" Chiron gave me a confused look."

"Well, you are the Cabin leader for the Hephaestus Cabin. This is your new half-sister, Mila. I have things to do and just wanted her to meet you, I was wondering if you get her to Cabin 9 and get her settled in?" I sighed and nodded, taking up the small Festus in my hand. I had just finished working on it. I was planning on giving it to Harley anyway.

"Alright. I'll take her from here." Chiron gave me a smile and left, with the girl staying in her place, unmoving. "So, wanna go meet some of your siblings?" Mila nodded quickly and I lead her out of Bunker 9, closing the door behind me.

After a quick walk through the camp, I found out that Mila was a quiet girl, but loved creation. But not weapons or shields or something. No. She liked building prank bots, and make-over bots. Like. Automations.

Seriously? The Hermes Cabin is going to love her.

Unfortunately, she got used to me, which also meant that she was significantly more chatty. I was usually the same. But I was drained from all energy, and, oh, My, GODS. Tired!

She was jumping around and shouting random facts about herself. 

"And I like pink!"

"And building!"

"I love cats, and dinosaurs, and dragons!"

"I LOVE making machines!"

"I can't go two days without making something!"

"One day, I pranked my teacher by setting up a bin of water balloons over her desk. When she sat down, a wire triggered the box to-."

"Hey Leo." I looked up wearily and saw Nyssa, who was eyeing me curiously. "I see you've got our new recruit for the builders. Mila wasn't it? " She nodded, and I shrugged, not really caring at the moment. Once more. Nyssa was eyeing me. "Anyways. Everyone wanted to ask you if you could fix the fire generator over at the Dining Pavillion. 

Percy sprayed it when Clarisse mocked him. She provoked him to spray it, but they're both in Chiron's office. Everyone else is busy and you're the first person I saw." I nodded, pulling on a small smile.

"Fix the 'Fire Generator'? I don't need any fixing." My half sister groaned but a small smile played on her lips. 

"Whatever you say repair boy. I'm gonna head out, and take this little girl with me. You go on to that generator. Then to bed afterwards. I know it's only 4pm. But you look like death, no harm to any Hades kids." She mumbled afterwards. I nodded, accepting her orders, Nyssa strode away, with Mila at her side. 

I made my way to the Dining Pavilion, and checked out the fire generator. Nyssa was right, it was washed out by water. So the only thing that could've broken it, was the water defusing the celestial bronze motherboard inside the hatch. 

So, I opened it up and a few gallons of H2o flowed out, soaking me in sea water. I sighed and sparked my arms and legs, then my entire body, focusing on not burning my clothes off. 

After that was done, I grabbed a screwdriver from my belt and stuck the first half of my body into the crawl space. I managed to get the steel panel off the green and gold plate, then open up the fan on the huge motherboard. That space was smaller, and as much as I hated the idea. 

I had to take my tool belt off, to squeeze in there.

It's because you're too fat.

Shut up, not it's not.

You'll see... 

More water spilled out and I just dried the wiring by lighting one of my fingers on fire  and trailing it down the wires, then replaced them. Just as I finished, I pulled out of the crawlspace and saw a pair of Hermes kids running away, laughing. 

Wondering what they were laughing for, I looked around to find my tool belt. "I could've sworn that I left it hanging on the hatch door, somewhere around here..." I mumbled, looking around for one of my prized possessions. 

Suddenly, a gleam caught my eye and I looked up. 

There was my tool belt.

Sitting on top of the 11 feet tall generator.

I growled and kicked the generator, angry at the Hermes kids. But, I wasn't going to scream at them. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. 

So, I jumped up, each time, my hands getting a little closer. I kept trying, crouching down; pulling my arms back; then springing up, reaching for my belt.  When my fingers just brushed the edge, and I couldn't get it, I stomped on the ground, cursing in Spanish. 

"Need help?" 

I jumped and turned around.

Di Angelo....