I took out a glass from the cupboard and placed it beside hers. Mom glanced my way and smiled as she poured wine into it.

"That's fine. It's a comfortable couch. I'll take out bedding for you." I stared pointedly at June, who was a boy-man of very few words. I thought I heard him grunt when he gave me a one-shoulder shrug.

Dinner, as per usual, was Chinese food at my mother's favorite restaurant, The Lucky Gato. And it was not the real Chinese food but the American Chinese: lots of grease, salt and shiny sauces. I felt bloated and fat right after. Then we headed back to the apartment for slices of cheesecake and tea. Good thing I had Torture tomorrow.

I sat on my refurbished wing-back chair across from June and Maggie, who were on the couch, twisted together in some canoodling position. They'd been dating since sixth grade. They still seemed very much in love now. I supposed Maggie was lucky to find love at an early age. The older you were, the harder it got. I could barely figure out what was going on with my "love" life at this stage. I glanced at Mom, wondering if she was still dating that man who sold her new set of tires.

Maggie and June were feeding each other cheesecake, which made me think of Levi during the cake-tasting (minus Oh-feel-yah). I had to admit that I missed him. I missed the time we had in Paris. I missed the little conversations of facts that we shared about the City of Lights. I missed both his subtle kisses and heart-stopping kisses. And I missed waking up beside him, even though those two times had been accidental.

Nothing was clear between us, no matter what everyone else said. I had yet to hear from him since the incident at the bakery. And I hadn't had the courage to contact him either.

"We best get to bed." Mom jolted me out of my thoughts. "We have an early day tomorrow." She stood and walked straight to my guest bedroom, where she and Maggie would be sleeping.

I gathered the dishes back to the kitchen. Maggie joined me at the sink, and we quietly washed up.

"Thanks for letting him stay," Maggie said as she handed me the last dessert plate.

"I wasn't going to kick him out. Where else would he go?"

"Yeah, but I'm still glad you didn't freak. I know I should have called and asked but I was afraid you'd say no." She leaned both elbows against the counter.

"Not likely. I know June. I used to babysit him and May, remember?" I laughed at the memory of lite Maggie, May and June running around my mom's garden in their diapers. "It's nice to see you guys are still going strong."

Maggie looked out into the living room. "Yeah, he's great." Then she turned her sights back to me. "How about you? Got over Jake?"

I was shocked by her question. And since I had so many things to say on the matter and couldn't decide which one to go with first, I laughed. And laughed. I doubled over, trying to get my bearings back.

"Shît, are you okay?" Maggie was concerned, probably thinking her older sister had gone cuckoo.

"Yeah, sorry. Sorry." I reached for the little kitchen chair in the corner. "I guess I haven't talked to you in a while." I recounted the whole wedding details with Maggie. Needless to say, she was shocked and awed. I did skip the parts with Levi. My heart was still raw and unsure of those memories and of the man himself.

"I am going on a date tomorrow with my trainer," I said, remembering what I should be looking forward to. "He's super hot. Great bod. Sexy smile."

Maggie's eyes widened. "That's good... maybe he's your June!"

Ah, the heart and hopes of a young woman in love. I nodded with a small smile on my lips, but my thoughts weren't filled with Diego.

****