Part 9

"We kissed, Peggy." you held your knees close to your chest as Peggy washed your hair, the tub filled with warm water.

"That explains the huge smile on both of your faces, my queen." she said and you shivered when a colder breeze caressed your skin.

"I wish that kiss would last forever." you chuckled and Peggy started to dry your hair with a towel. "Is it how you feel with Steve?"

"Yes, it is. That's how it feels when you love someone, (Y/N)." she smiled.

"I guess you're right." you touched your lips gently with your fingertips, trying to recall the sensation of James' lips on yours again.

"It was about time. James been through a lot but he always loved you, my queen. You're both meant to be." Peggy suggested and you stood up, she placed the towel around your shoulders as you stepped out of the tub.

After putting on your nightgown, Peggy helped to comb your hair before she left to her chamber. You seated in front of the dressing table, your mind going back to the moments you spent with James when you heard the door being open.

"I thought you would go and have some rest, Peg." you said but didn't turn around.

"Well, I think she did as you said." James closed the door behind him before walking towards you with a shy smile on his lips.

"Oh" you stood up "I thought you were Peggy. It took us quite the time to get me out of that mud." you remarked and James ran his fingers through his hair.

"You look beautiful either way." there he is, making your heart flutter with his words.

"Thank you, James." you bit your bottom lips as you both stood there a couple of seconds, Bucky took a deep breath and stepped closer to you, his fingers caressing your cheek gently.

"I owe you an apology, my queen."

"An apology? Why?" you managed to ask.

"Because I'm a coward. I've been pushing you away since our wedding. I was afraid of losing you like everyone else in my life." he confessed and you felt your eyes watering at his honesty.

"I can't even imagine the pain you've been through but I'm here. I'm your queen and I love you, James." he leaned his forehead against yours and you shivered as his lips were just inches from meeting yours.

"I love you too, princess." you both laughed at his words before he finally placed his lips on yours, the kiss was filled with love and you felt your heart racing on your chest, you sure that James could feel it too.

"Stay with me tonight, James." you slowly untied your gown, the fabric slowly falling on your shoulders. Bucky's eyes burned with desire and your knees almost gave up when you felt him touching your exposed skin, his hands cupping your breasts gently almost like you were a porcelain doll.

"I'm not going anywhere without you, my queen." his husky voice echoed on your ears before you both started another kiss.