Chapter16: Misalliance

So, you have to go to court today? I ask Aaron as I'm laying in bed still half asleep.

"Not me but I have to go. Aaron said while getting dressed to leave.

When you are not busy call me alright? I told Aaron.

"Of course baby. I will see you later. Aaron said before kissing me on the head then on the lips then walking out the bedroom door then soon later I hear the front door shut.

Well, baby, I guess it's just the two of us now. I said to my stomach talking to the baby.

Later in the day...

Ring ring ring...

Hello? I ask on the phone.

Hey, I'm back in town and I was wondering if you could come to the White House for a bit? Mom asked me.

Sure, I will be there soon.

Alright bye, baby. My mom says then hangs up the phone. I then go and put my shoes on and grab my keys and go to the door to leave for the White House.

At the White House...

Hey, mom, I say to mom while walking up to her.

Hey, how are you? My mom asked before giving me a hug.

I'm good you? I ask.

I'm good. Come with me. Mom says walking to the opposite direction we were walking.

Mom and I spent some time together but then later on in the day I got tired so I went upstairs  to go and take a nap. Later Aaron came to the White House and there were these kids singing very well. We stayed for the song then soon after Aaron and I left to go home. When Aaron and I got home we just went straight to bed. 

The next day...

So how have you been Nadia? I ask my cousin-in-law.

I'm good. How are you and the baby? Nadia asked me.

Very good so far. I've been taking it easy though. And anytime Aaron can pick me up he will.

Yep. Aaron said while sliding his arm around my waist and kissed the side of my head.

Hey you. Emily said to Aaron.

Hey. How are you doing? Aaron said to Emily.

I'm good just saw you guys over here thought I would say Hi. Emily said.

Well, you did. You can leave now. I said rudely.

Emily this is my cousin Nadia Espinosa.

Hi, nice to meet you. Emily said to Nadia.

It's a pleasure. Nadia said

Hi, you work with Congresswomen Yoshida, right? Emily asked Nadia.

That's right. Nadia said flustered.

How's that going? Emily asked.

I love it. Nadia said.

I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I said standing up and heading to the bathroom but Aaron is right behind me.

Are you okay? Aaron asked me holding me in his arms..

I'm fine. I said looking at him. Then giving him a peck on the lips.

Are you sure? Aaron asked.

Yeah, let's go back. I said walking back to the table.

You alright? Nadia asked me holding one of my hands.