7. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯

( 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 )

(RON'S POV)

(A few weeks later)

I sat breathlessly with my back against the cold brick wall, wind blowing through my ginger locks.

There it was. The whomping willow. I should have a grudge against this tree really, especially after it almost killed me and harry, but then again it wasn't the tree that I liked.

It was the name.

Call me cliche, but willow was my best friend, and if I couldn't see her moving at the moment, I had to see something that could. It was passing period, so I managed to slip out whilst everyone was rushing to their lesson.

Which reminded me. I was already late! I had to get going.

I strolled the empty halls, admiring the tapestry heading up to my class, Dada.

Dada class, also known as defence against the dark arts, it was always my favourite lesson. It probably had something to do with the fact that Harry, Hermione and I always got a chance to talk at the back of the class, as we all lined up.

Harry paced up and down in front of us agitated as ever "it doesn't make any sense!" the boy exclaimed. "Everything leads back to the bathroom!" He continued to pace, trying to think. "Moaning myrtles bathroom" Hermione added in, and I looked at the girl beginning to think, yet nothing came to my mind... I bet if Willow was here about now she would've known, she always did.

"On the bright side, at least professor sprout is making a position to unpetrifiy , the petrified" he sighed, yet the thought of willow coming back to us made me happy. "I guess so, but it'll take time. I'm sure there's a pretty big chance of willow knowing something about the chamber of secrets. Especially seeing as she's been petrified, she's actually lived the experience" I spoke out to the pair.

"I suppose." Hermione butted in, to which I just brushed her off. "But, if we think about it logically, the message read, the chamber of secrets has been opened enemy's of the heir beware." She finished.

Harry and I looked at each other and then back at hermione in confusion. The girl simply rolled her eyes.

"The chamber of secrets has been opened....
That's it! The chamber of secrets has been opened.! All we need to do is find the entrance." She grinned at us and I looked at her once again standing from where I was standing. "Hermione you've only gone and done it again." I smiled at the girl. "Well you shall never doubt me again Ronald."  I rolled my eyes in response. "Right so what do we know." Harry spoke to the two of us, to which I scratched my head and began to speak. "We know that moaning myrtles bathroom has some sort of connection to the chamber of secrets." I spoke out to which they nodded their heads. "Right so the entrance must be in there then." Harry chimed in. "Correct so all we need to do is find out how to get in." Hermione added. "And get my sister!" I said to the group.

"Sorry again Ron.." Hermione spoke out to me and I smiled at her, I didn't want Pity from my friends, in fact that was the last thing that I wanted. All I wanted Willow and Ginny back, was that to much to ask. Clearly it was.

"We will get her Ron, don't worry" Harry said comfortingly whilst placing a hand on my shoulder, before we were cut short by -

"Okay students!" Lockhart boomed across the class room "take your seats." This was the part I hated about this class, being separated from my friends. Although, this did give me some time to think...

Well it did...  that was before I was interrupted by an obnoxiously loud Draco Malfoy. "Thinking about her again, are we weasley?" He slyly spoke from the other seat to my left. "Well I wouldn't! You just stay away from her all together." Rage completely took over my body, I bit my tongue and took a deep breath and replied to his comment.

"I know selfish people find it hard to think about other people than their self Malfoy, but I care about Willow and I will keep thinking about her whether you like it or not." I looked at him challengingly. I was quite proud of myself actually that was the first time I've stood up for myself, but my victory as cut short and the snake bursted onto laughter.

"Oh poor Ronald Weasley. You know, i thought you would've realised by now that... red is the colour of danger. Which is ironic as it also happens the be the colour of your hair!" Crab and Goyle sniggered from behind him. How childish I thought, turning back to the paper in front of me.

"charming" I heard Hermione scoff from behind me.

I pulled out a piece of paper and dipped my quill in some ink, beginning to write. I didn't exactly know what I was writing. All I knew was who it was for...

Time flew by and it was already the end of the lesson, I headed over to where Harry was standing with Hermione. "You hungry?" Harry asked, and I smiled brightly "you don't need to ask me twice mate" I said and turned to Hermione. "You coming?" The girl just shrugged in response, "I'm just going to go to the library and I'll catch up with you guys." She smiled shortly after. "suit yourself." I mumbled, dragging Harry along by my side. "That was weird" Harry said as we walked down the long hall, to the lunch room. "That's what I thought" I replied.

"maybe she's just going to do some 'light reading' you know what she's like." I said, making speech marks with my fingers, whilst talking. "I suppose so..." Harry said as we took our seats at the Gryffindor table.

"Oh! Good news Ron, I overheard Crab and Goyle talking. Apparently professor sprout is really close to finishing her position, to unpetrify the petrified!"

"Really?" My older, annoying brother Fred chimed in, from opposite Harry and I. "That's great news!" George added from next to Fred. "Looks like you'll be seeing your girlfriend in no time" Fred butted in and Harry and George sniggered in response. I brushed them off, Fred always teased me about Willow and George always jumped in on the joke also. I started to take no notice as it was normal now.

We began eating until we were interrupted by a panicking Neville Longbottom.

"It's Hermione..."

𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲 ~
𝗙𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 @𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲_𝘄𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗽𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺☁️