6. 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘥

( 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘣𝘰𝘺 )

(RON'S POV)

I lay on my bed wide-eyed staring at the ceiling above me. "Just talk to her man, she's your best friend" Harry spoke up from the other side of the room, sitting on the bed opposite. I had no clue what was going on with her, I understand that I hurt her and she's my best friend, but even so, whenever Hermione and I fell out I never felt this bad or even when I fell out with Harry. I don't know how to describe it, it's just that gut feeling, that feeling of being so guilty that I couldn't even sleep.

I realised that I had to do something, so I got up and threw a jumper on over my head, walking out. I headed down the steps leading from my room, across the hall and down another set of stairs. Soon enough, I came face to face with the Slytherin common room. Willow would usually hang around in here late at night, before going to her room, she would be with Draco most of the time. I figured if she'd be anywhere she'd be here.

I raised my fist, knocking on the door three times, and it finally opened with a loud creak. The door revealed Malfoy, as he had opened it, yet when our faces met a scowl grew upon his.

"I won't keep you long." I blurted out quickly, and the blonde boy furrowed his brows. "I'm looking for Willow," I said shortly after to which he shrugged. "I haven't seen her since poisons class Weasley" then he proceeded by slamming the door in my face.

"Well, that was immature..." I mumbled to myself, turning around, heading up the steps. I decided to take a walk around the grounds to clear my head. Still, what I saw next made me sick to my stomach.

"W...Willow!" I called out to the petrified girl on the floor before me, I found myself running to her holding her in my arms. I knew I had to get help. I placed her left arm around my neck and picked her up, one arm on the back of her thighs and the other on her back, cradling her to Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing.

"Thank you Mr Weasley" the older lady spoke with a nod, as I laid Willow down on a bed. "Off you pop." The nurse spoke with a smile. "What? No way I have to stay with her.." I pleaded with the woman before me. "I'm afraid if you do that Ronald, you could get in big trouble." She looked at me questionably. I took a deep breath and looked at the lady.

"I'm ready to take that risk"

Madam Pomfrey left shortly after taking a few tests, and I stayed with willow all night.

__

I was awoken by Harry and Hermione In the morning, craning over me when I awoke, causing me to jump out of my seat.

"Bloody hell." I almost shouted until I realised that willow was still in front of me petrified as ever.

"What's wrong with black?" Hermione asked and I scowled at her.

I have no idea why she was acting like this, she never cared about Willow. Yet now she's only caring because she's petrified. "Why do you care?" I gritted out and Harry stepped in the middle. "Ron cool it off, she was only asking." He spoke at me, and I couldn't contain myself anymore. "No! Please tell me, Hermione. Why do you care? Because as far as I'm concerned, you have nothing nice to say about her! And what has she ever done to you!" Hermione stood there silent, a single tear stinging her eye.

She then turned to leave, to which Harry called out "Hermione wait!" She stood still stopping in her tracks turning around to face me, causing us to make eye contact. "It's okay Harry. It's clear where Ron's loyalty lies."

I then looked between the two, exchanging glances between each one.

"You know it's our fault she's like this" I spoke out in a low tone. "Ron! Don't say that." Harry spoke out. "We were whispering without her, making her feel left out, lonely. And I know Willow. When she's upset or down, she goes for a walk. And if she wasn't out on a walk last night, maybe this would've never happened." Then Hermione did the unthinkable, and making her way over to me she placed a hand on my arm. "She's your best friend... but we're your best friends too, and we will always have you back. We shouldn't turn on each other in times like this."

I admired Hermione's speech, so I smiled at her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Okay guys, it's Saturday! Let's go and do something!" Harry beamed to the two of us. A break sounded great about now, but I had to stay with Willow. I looked down to her laying there still.

"She'll be okay Ron, just come and have something to eat and you can come right back," Harry spoke up reassuringly, and I decided he was right,  I haven't eaten since yesterday and I couldn't say no to food.

I looked down at the Pyjamas I still had on "maybe a change of clothes?" I suggested and Harry and Hermione laughed, in response.

After lots of laughs and food, it was time for me to head back to willow, I had been away from her for three hours now.

When I entered the hospital wing I was greeted by an unpleasant surprise. "Malfoy." I furrowed my brows. "Weasley" he retorted. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I spotted him sitting with willow.
"What do you think I'm doing?" He scowled, leaping up. "It was just a question." I shrugged in response. "But I'm here now, you can go." I stood out of the way so he could leave. "No way!" He boomed. "She is NOT your property! So stop treating her like she is." He stood close to me, to which I didn't budge. "What?" I asked in confusion. "You heard me, you potter and granger. You left her out Weasley. I was her only friend. And you waltz in here, like you own the place, pretending to care when it's your fault!" He said pointing an accusing finger. "Look Malfoy, I don't know what you've heard, but I found Willow and I will always be here for her, whether you like it or not!" I took a deep breath following my words.

"So I suggest you back off because I'm her friend too."

I finished and Malfoy looks at me in defeat, taking a deep breath. "Well played Weasley." Were the last words he muttered before leaving.

"Mr Weasley..." Madam Pomfrey cleared her throat from around the corner. "I'm afraid you cannot stay here tonight, I let you last night as you fell asleep, but if any staff find out I could get into trouble." I frowned at the lady's words and sighed as I pulled the blanket up to willows shoulder.

"I understand," I spoke to her and she nodded, as I gathered my things and began to leave.

"See you in the morning, Mr Weasley!" She called out, and I turned to her.

"Goodnight" I pressed my lips together in a tight-lipped smile, and with that, I was gone.

𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲 ~
𝗙𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 @𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲_𝘄𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗽𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺🍇