45 - Your Name

Lisa

I sighed deeply before staring right through the woman in front of me. "Ma'am, with all due respect but I didn't snatch or took your wallet." It's been hours but we're still here inside the police department.

"But you are the only one behind me! No one else!" She started shouting at me making a scene inside the department.

"Ma'am calm down." The police officer nonchalantly said. I shook my head trying to calm myself down. This is stressing especially when this old woman keeps on pointing and shouting at me.

"I can narrate what happened. At exactly 2:00 pm the bus arrived at the bus stop. 2:01 pm everyone started entering the bus. You and I are the only one left so I let you enter the bus first, 2:04 you dropped something and you picked it up before entering and so I followed. 2:05 I sat on the vacant seat behind you after that you fell asleep and a man wearing a black cap took your wallet at exactly 2:15 pm and he immediately went off the bus. The driver got mad because he keeps on insisting to stop the bus. After that, you woke up and you checked your bag then you started shouting and accusing me that I stole your wallet. Then-"

"Okay stop." The police officer said.

"See?! It's so detailed! No one can narrate everything that happened detail by detail!" The woman in front of me yelled.

"She's right ma'am your story looks suspicious. It looks scripted." I sighed again wiping my face using my hands.

"For the last time, I did not steal your wallet."

"I think I need to get your name ma'am and maybe you should just give the wallet back."

"She's not giving anything back because she did not steal that fucking wallet!" Jennie. Wah~ thank god she's already here! I'm about to lose my mind because of this old lady.

"Lisa, let's go home." Jennie dragged my hand but the officer stopped her.

"She's not going anywhere, ma'am. We are still asking her a question." He insisted. I roll my eyes not giving a crap on what the hell is happening right now. I just wanna cuddle with my girlfriend.

"You are not asking me a question, sir. You're already accusing me." I answered back still holding Jennie's hoodie like a 5-year-old kid.

"It's just that it's really suspicious ma'am. How can you narrate everything that happened detail by detail?" The police reasoned out making the old woman behind him nod.

I saw Jennie breathe heavily. "She has hyperthymesia and for your information, she doesn't need that fucking money." She was about to leave when she again glared at the policeman. "And don't you dare stop us from leaving or you will lose your job this instant." Then we left. I was around 12 years old when my parents and I found out that I have hyperthymesia. I thought this was a gift but then after a year, my perception changed. I looked at it as a curse not a gift anymore.

"Sorry..." I mumbled still holding the hem of her hoodie.

She stopped walking before facing me. "I told you to use your car. You're so stubborn." I pouted at her still not letting go of her hoodie. She sighed cupping my face with her soft hands. "It's okay. Don't worry." I placed a chaste kiss on her lips before holding her hand.

"Let me take you home."

_

I groaned when I heard my alarm goes off waking the hell out of me. It's been 5 days when that incident happened so I immediately looked at my phone reading the reminder on my lock screen.

'It's time.'

My heart started to ache, I bit my lower lip trying to stop myself from crying but I failed. I cried and cried not planning to stop any minute. It's time... I spent my whole morning crying inside my room before fixing myself preparing to go to Jennie's house.

I knocked on her door after a minute the door swung open revealing Jennie with her specs and in a bun.

I love you...

"Lis? What brought you here baby?" She tried pulling me inside her house but I stopped her. I shook my head showing her my smile. A weak one.

"L-Let's break up..." I muttered under my breath but I know she heard it clear. I saw how her lips tremble her eyes started to get glassy and her face turning red.

"Why? Did - did I do something wrong? Are you tired of me? Don't you love me anymore?" Her tears started streaming down her face. I wanted to wipe those tears but I stopped myself.

"I'm sorry..." Then I left.

_

Jennie

It's been 3 months but I can't seem to move on. I still love her. I need to know why she broke up with me. Am I not enough? Did she get tired of me? Damn it I need answers! I want it now because anytime soon I might lose my shit.

Damn it, Lisa...

"Jen, can you accompany me in the hospital? I have an appointment with my doctor today because of this rashes." I nod at her and we left her unit. We went inside the hospital and I told her I'll just wait for her in the corridor and she just nodded at me before entering the office of her doctor.

I was busy scanning the whole hospital when my eyes landed at her wearing an all-black outfit with her cap. I know her... my Lisa.

I slowly approached her tapping her shoulder to get her attention.

"Jennie?"

I smiled at her waving a little. "Hi, Lis. What are you doing here?" I asked her but she just showed me her smile. The smile that I hate the most. The weak one.

"I'm ill... I have dementia Jennie."

"What? I mean how?! You have hyperthymesia. You can literally remember every little thing how could that happen?"

"That's the problem Jen... once your neuron is damaged it will slowly ruin you, so here I am... forgetting everything. Truth be told I don't even know my name." She chuckled. "Can you tell it to me?"

"Lisa... Lalisa Manoban. That's your name baby." A tear left my eye. "Is this the reason why you broke up with me?" She nodded. "Why?"

She bit her trembling lip before speaking. "I'm scared..."

"Scared of what?"

"Scared that if one day when we are together I might forget your name. I might forget who you are. I might forget who is Jennie Kim in Lisa's life... so I stopped it. The earlier the better. I'm scared that I might hurt you more if I continue being with you." She started sobbing in front of me so I pulled her into a tight hug whispering nothing but sweet words. "I love you... please remember that." She whispered. It's been a minute when she gently pushed me away. She looked at me strangely and her next words crushed my whole world.

"Sorry but... what's your name?"

(•_•)
Sup nerds? How ya doing?