Chapter 7: Preparations

It's been 3 days since the kiss and Kara's been avoiding Lena. And by avoiding is hiding inside her apartment and not answering Lena's call. She just kisses Lena Luthor and she kinda likes it. But she shouldn't be, Lena is her best friend and even if she and Mon-el broke up. She still loves him. Right? After all, you can't just unlove someone because you two broke up. Maybe she's just projecting it to Lena because she's heartbroken with Mon-el.

And now she feels worse for using Lena because of her feelings for Mon-el.

Knock

Knock

Kara heard a knock on her door and use her x-ray vision seeing Lena on the opposite side of the door. She's been having a second thought to open the door but seeing Lena's worried face making her think otherwise.

Kara opens the door facing Lena's worried face.

" Hey," Kara said softly. "Sorry for freaking out and avoiding you" she added.

" I understand. You just broke up with your boyfriend and we kiss, it been very confusing to you. I..." Lena thinks about it. Kara just broke up with her boyfriend and confessing will just added confusion. But if she didn't tell now, she may never have a chance.

" I'm sorry I kissed you... But I don't regret the kiss" Kara's eyes widen at the admission.

" You don't?" Lena bit her lip and nodded

" No... I kinda like it. Because I have feelings for you. I've been in love with you a long time ago... I just hope you feel the same" Lena admitted looking at Kara who has unreadable expression.

" Lena" Kara whispers with pain expression and Lena already knew from Kara's tone the answer she is dreading to hear.

" ... I'm sorry but what happens is a mistake. I like you as my best friend. And my feelings for Mike still here. I let myself carried away by my feelings for Mike and I'm sorry for what I did... I never knew you felt that way to me... I don't want to ruin our friendship." Kara said crying openly. Lena took a deep breath then look at Kara and nod.

" Our friendship is not ruined. I understand. You should not feel responsible for my feelings. It's my feelings and I'm the one who is responsible for it. You've been a great friend to me. If you're happy with him then it also makes me happy. You deserve someone that will make you smile and be who you are and if Mike is the one who makes you feel that then I'm happy... We can forget the kiss so it will not be awkward. I just hope our friendship will not make it awkward after this." Lena said softly.

Kara felt her heart tighten feeling guilty for hurting Lena's feelings. She smiles at Lena but her eyes still glossy from crying.

" I'm still your best friend no matter what happens... Thank you" Kara hug Lena closer to her.

" No. Thank you for everything Kara. Thank you for still being my friend. Goodbye," Lena said softly and kiss Kara's forehead.

Kara watches Lena turn around and walk away from her apartment.

Lena turns her back from Kara. She enters the elevator and let her tears fall from her eyes as she silently cries during the elevator ride and walks towards her car with a heavy heart.

_______________________________________

Time skip

Lena's been drinking her apple cider since the incident. And she's been focusing more of her research and missions to take her mind away from the rejection. She and Kara still friends, they choose to forget about the kiss.