10: Confrontation

|Maxwell|

The mansion was in full swing and alive as we started the move somethings into the Alpha Palace. My father and advisers believe it would be a good idea to tell the truth on who I am. The werewolf population would trust their King if they knew who he was. I couldn't agree more, it was a step in the right direction since my father kept his identity a secret during his reign. I don't want to be like my father, for anything I want to be his opposite and ruler my population looks up to for guidance, power, and strength.

I watch from the corner of my eye as my personal assistant runs to me.

"Is everything on schedule," I ask.

She nods. "Yes, your majesty. Everything is on schedule and the move should be finished by next week," she tells between breaths.

"Anything else?"

"Yes, actually. As you the reporters have been swarming the Queen's home, I got word that Desmond actually entered said home. We don't know why or what he wanted, but I would ask your mate what is going on there."

"I will."

It seemed to be perfect timing when I was told through mind link that Natalie had entered the gated mansion. I watch from the window seeing her drag Desmond in behind her. She didn't seem happy.

"What brings you here, my love," I ask Natalie.

"I would like to start off by asking why, why didn't you tell me," Natalie asks.

"Tell you what?"

"That you are the King!"

"I was planing to- wait how did you find out?"

She pulls Desmond into the spotlight. "This idiot came to my home and told me and then begged for me to take him back. Apparently my uncle died and he sits on your council, my uncle has no children, hence no successors that would make my father take over everything. Not only is my father an Alpha and someone who sits on your council, but I am now Queen. He came to ask for my back because I would be more powerful than him."

Rubbing my chin, I nod. "Sounds about right. Knowing Desmond and how sneaky he is, I believe this."

"Are you going to punish him for telling me?"

I nod. "Of course, I can't have someone like him running around telling people randomly who the king is without even asking."

Natalie smiles, victoriously.

I kneel down to the Alpha. "I will be striping you of your Alpha title and position on my council. I don't know if I want to jail you for the rest of your life or torture you for a painful death."

Desmond shudders.

"Oh, don't be scared you brought this upon yourself. I should be thanking you because I've been meaning to drop you."

"No! Please, I am so sorry! It won't happen again! I promise, please don't kill me," Desmond begs.

"It is to late for sorry, you should've thought about the outcome before you took action."

Clapping guards swarm us. "Please take Desmond to the cells to await my further rulings on the crimes he has committed today."

They nod and drag him away, Natalie had a very please smirk on her face as she taunted him as he was being taken away. I go to my mate and take her into my arms, allowing myself to finally breath.

"So what is going on here," she asks.

"Well, I don't believe you could have come at a better time. You see, I am moving into the Alpha Mansion and in a few weeks time I am going to make it known to the public I am King. Sooner or later I'll announce you are my Queen and we'll proceed with the mating and Luna ceremony."

"Should I move in with you?"

"That is your decision, love. As much as I would love you to, I can't force you into anything. I think it'd be safer for you to move into the palace. You won't be bothered and I won't need to send over protection. Also, I won't have to worry about people like Desmond stopping by your home."

"So I am taking that as a yes?"

"It is up to you on how you want to interpret it. I am your mate and king, but I am not going to force you into anything you are comfortable with."

"I guess I will move in with you, once Rowan finds a new roommate."

"That is understandable."

"So, Alpha King, that is much more attractive than alpha."

I scoff. "So I wasn't that attractive as just an alpha?"

Natalie ponders for a moment before suppressing a smile. "Nope. Alpha King is a hundred times more attractive than just Alpha."

Playing along with her games I pin her against the wall. "If I did this as an Alpha would be attractive."

She lifts her head to my ear. "Nope. Alpha King is much more dominant and that is a huge turn on for my wolf and I."

Ah, this women. She is tempting me with sexuality and teasing me to get a rise out of me. My wolf was out of control in the back of my mind as she whispered seductively in my ear and the teasing. My wolf wanted to show our female her place and the teasing was only infuriating him. I could tell she was enjoying herself with the teasing.

"You are treading in dangerous waters, my love," I tell.

She grabs at my jacket. "I guess I should tread a little further."

"Don't tempt me."

And that is exactly what she did, biting down on my ear and kissing my jawline. Feeling hot I grabbed her and pulled her into my room. My hands digging into her hips. I did not understand this sensation that overcame me. This powerful feeling of lust and love coursing through my veins. They primal instinct to take my mate and claim her as my own. The soft airy moan that left her mouth drove me further to the edge of taking her right now.

My eyes widen in shock when I feel her slim fingers working on the buttons of my shirt. They widen even further when an adviser opens the door in shock to see the sight he has walked in on. Pushing Natalie behind me and fixing myself I walk to him.

"What is it," I ask.

"Alpha Nathan is here," he tells.

Natalie's father. I need him to take the oath and give him the summary of this council. I need to know he is trustworthy, he is taking my best member's spot now, he has big shoes he must fill.

~~~

Sorry, this update is late! I try to update every Friday but we had a power outage and then went on vacation once it was restored. So this isn't edited, it will be edited once the whole book is completed.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

~Becca, The Queen Of Beans