👁️ Chapter 22👁️

"Quigley." Isadora whispered.

"We thought you were dead." Duncan continued. Quigley Quagmire stood and smiled before running up to his siblings and hugging them tightly. Duncan and Isadora hugged him back as a few small tears of joy escaped thier eyes, the Baudelaires stood and watched them beaming. It made them so happy to see the siblings reunited. Once the siblings broke apart Quigley turned to Jacques.

"Hello Jacques. Who's your girlfriend?" He said with a smirk. With that all the children broke into a fit of laughter whilst Olivia blushed a little. Jacques stayed quiet for a second before speaking.

"Quigley, this is Olivia. She is a new recruit." He explained.

"And before that she was the librarian at prufrock prep where we went to school." Duncan added in after he composed himself.

"And these are our friends Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire." Isadora introduced.

"It's nice to meet you all. Thank you for helping my siblings."

"You're welcome." Violet said smiling at Quigley. They all sat down and began to talk for a bit when Olivia heard something behind her, she turned her head.

"Is everything alright?" Jacques asked. Olivia turned back around.

"Yes, I just thought I heard something." She replied. They talked a little more when Olivia heard another noise, she turned around again and saw something move. She kept watching when she suddenly saw a snake poked its head out from behind a cabinet.

" There's a snake." She said suddenly, her voice full of curiosity instead of fear. They all turned to where Olivia was facing when Sunny ran towards the snake.

"Incredi!" She shrieked as the snake slithered towards her.

"It's the incredibly deadly viper." Violet said with a smile.

"The what!?!" Olivia cried getting up to protect Sunny. Jacques gently grabbed her arm.

"Easy, it's a misnomer." He explained. Olivia relaxed a little and sat down again.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes," Quigley added "Inky has been here the whole time and has never hurt anyone."

"But why would it be called that?" Isadora asked.

"Our uncle Monty named it that to play a prank on his colleagues." Klaus explained from near the snake and his siblings. Sunny was there still hugging Inky, Olivia looked at the snake.

"Can I say hello to it?" She asked.

"Sure." Violet responded. Olivia walked over and held her hand out, Inky slithered forwards and gently bit Olivia on the hand. A sign of affection from the snake. Jacques watched smiling at Olivia.

***
Thank you for reading I couldn't help but make Quigley be sassy.