Chapter 1: Teddygozilla

Start from the beginning

Odd and Mel were walking through the courtyard when they saw Milly crying and Timia trying to show her the pictures they took to cheer her up.

"Hey, what's the matter, Milly?" Mel asked as she placed a gentle hand on the younger girl's shoulder and crouched down to her height.

"Somebody stole her teddy bear." Timia answered for her.

"And I'm sure it was one of the big kids who did it for spite." Milly said through her tears.

Timia looked over her pictures before stopping on one.

"Milly, you're right!" She said before showing her friend the picture. "Look at this. It's a picture of Sissi's room."

Odd and Mel looked over the girls' shoulders to take a look at the picture themselves.

"And there's my teddy bear hidden under her pillow! Incredible." Milly said.

"Who would've believed it? Soon she'll be playing with dolls." Odd said.

"Okay. Come on, now. We got to find her." Milly spoke determinedly.

"If Jim catches us in the dorm, we're in big trouble, Milly." Timia warned.

Odd and Mel shared a glance before nodding.

"You go back to your room. We'll handle this." Odd said as he took the photo.

Timia and Milly watched with bright smiles as the two older kids walked away.

****

Odd and Mel made their way back to Sissi's room only to see it was even more trashed than it was before.

"I'm starting to get the feeling Xana may be behind this." Mel said.

"Yeah, you and me both, Mel." Odd agreed.

****

Odd and Melissa had caught wind of what happened to Coach Jim. Apparently he was attacked by someone and they decided to go and investigate.

Principal Delmas walked out of the room Coach Jim was in.

"Odd. Melissa. Are you looking for something?" He asked as he took notice of the two students.

"Oh! No, you see, we just heard about what happened to Jim." Odd said.

"Do they know who attacked him?" Mel asked.

"No. For now I think our gym teacher could use some rest." Principal Delmas replied as he scrunched up a piece of paper and threw it in the bin.

Once the principal had left, Odd went over to the bin and pulled out the scrunched up piece of paper. Mel looked over his shoulder as he unravelled it and the two gasped.

It was a teddy bear!

****

It was a few minutes later and Odd and Mel had just finished telling Jeremy and Ulrich about what they found and were currently showing them the picture.

"Xana? In a teddy bear?" Ulrich asked.

"Yeah. We're pretty sure." Odd replied.

"He's always there when you least expect him." Jeremy said.

"Okay, guys. Who goes and who stays here?" Odd said.

"We can't have a solo mission. It's too dangerous without Yumi." Jeremy said. "If you go alone you never know what you're going to find over there."