Chapter 26: Lilies II

Start from the beginning

You shook your head in confusion.

"Hang on." You said. "So, you're telling me that "having heirs" was just an excuse to rape me?"

Jungkook flinched at your cold words, his head shaking.

"No." He said. "If he had children with you, they would more than likely share your gift...which would ensure his power over the spirit world for many generations...He planned to use my body to rule and force himself upon you, which would cause you to have children....He wants to rule over our world and the spiritual world."

"He's mad." Hoseok spat coldly.

Jungkook hung his head.

"But he's smart." Jin chimed from the back of the room, catching your attention. "If he can control the Oracle, then he can build a bridge between the two worlds...causing the spirits to pour into our world and take it over completely...and if he had control over those spirits..."

"He could rule everything." You breathed out, completing his thought with widened eyes.

Jungkook's head snapped up at your words, his frown returning.

"You're right." He popped. "He could take over and no one would be able to dispute him."

"But, since he doesn't have a physical body, he isn't able to do that right?" You asked.

Jungkook nodded.

"As long as he doesn't have my body he can't do anything...unless.."He sighed. "Unless he finds a body without a soul..."

Hoseok tensed up beside you, his heart beginning to pick up pace as realization dawned on him.

You furrowed your eyebrows as you looked at him, nudging him with your elbow.

"Are you alright, Hoseok?" You asked.

He swallowed hard, placing his head in his hands.

"Hoseok?" You repeated softly.

The former warrior moved his gaze to yours, his saddened eyes making you feel uneasy.

His hands were shaking as they reached out for yours and he took a deep breath to calm himself down before he was speaking.

"Y/n.." He started. "There's something that I think you should see."

________________________________________________________________________________

You frowned in confusion as you walked through the darkness blindly, the dim light of Hoseok's torch being the only thing that lit your way.

Your hand was interlocked with his, making sure that he didn't get too far away from you, for fear of getting lost down in the maze of underground tunnels.

After Hoseok's words, you agreed to follow him. Allowing him to show you whatever you needed to see...

You had no choice but to bring Jungkook along with you, because he was scared to be alone, which you understood...Hoseok was a little unsure about it at first, but allowed him to come along...But he remained at the entrance of the tunnels, not daring to follow you in.

However, he made sure that Jin stayed behind...Telling him that he could-under no circumstances- follow the three of you. He was to stay as far away as possible.which Seokjin reluctantly agreed to..

You were beginning to become a little afraid of what you were about to find out... With the amount of secrecy Hoseok had been hiding behind...you could only assume that this wasn't going to end well for anyone.