I Care 4 U

“Can I talk to you, comfort you, let you know that I care 4 u” –Aaliyah x I Care 4 U          

            “Mom we literally argue everyday about the same thing and it’s starting to take a toll on my body and it’s stressin’ me out” Rasia yelled at her mom as she stood in the doorway of Rasia’s room.

            She looked at her like she was crazy to even talk about being stressed out. “You’re stressed out? You’re not the only one who has to make sure that that baby is clothed and fed when he arrives”

            It was non-stop arguing in Rasia’s house between her and her mom and if they weren’t arguing they simply weren’t talking at all. 

            Rasia feel as though her mom should lighten up for the simple fact that she graduated earlier today and that she would be going into labor within the next few weeks. The last thing Rasia would like to do is raise her voice

            “Chris and I are handling this mom, I appreciate you’re financial support but I’d really like if you would give me the emotional support as well. That’s all I ask” She said as the tears fell from her eyes.

            It’s bad enough that she has to live with the fact that she disappointed her mom to the point of no return, but now she doesn’t get the support from her that she needs.

            “You shouldn’t have gotten yourself in this mess in the first place” She yelled. “If you would’ve kept your head in your books instead of lying on your back then none of this would’ve happened”

            “But it did happen” Rasia cried. “At least I finished high school. I know you wanted me to go to college like Marco, but I can’t and you’re gonna have to accept that”

            She shook my head and wiped her tears away, not wanting to cry any more.

            They both have never been this way before and it really hurts Rasia to be in this type of situation with a person that she loves so much. She’s everything to her and now she feels like she mean nothing to her mom.

            “I’ll never accept that” She laughed sarcastically. “You just followed in your fast ass friend’s footsteps and now you’re in the same position as her and I’m not gonna be like her mom”

            Rasia rolled my eyes when she brought up Tavi’s name and her situation. Ms.Tami and Tavi used to be close like mother and daughter but when Tavi announced she was pregnant Ms.Tami lost respect for her and hardly ever wants her over her house.

            “This is why I wanna move in with Chris” Rasia mumbled.

            “That’s the last thing I’m gonna let happen” She yelled. “You aren’t moving in with some drug dealer, its bad enough you’re having his baby”