Reluctant

"Stay with me tonight" the tempting words causing my knees to shake. But clayton yawning for the fourth time brought me back from cloud 9.

"I wish I could, but I should really get him back." she nodded, her emerald eyes never leaving mine. We were standing by the door, clayton was dozing off,  and I'm sure it was well past eleven. I pulled her neck down so our lips were only inches apart. She crashed hers against mine, and every fiber in my body was aching to drag her upstairs to her bedroom. I didn't allow myself to get too carried away in the kiss, I didn't want clayton trying to explain it to Daisy. Reluctantly I pulled away kissing her one last time on the cheek.

"Thank you again. I had a lot of fun beating you, at every game!" I smiled feeling accomplished, you would think she'd be an expert at the Wii considering her massive game room.

Her face turned a pale pink,

"I let you win, trust me, I am much better than that" I rolled my eyes

"Yeah sure. I'll call you later then?" she nodded "come on clay, let's get you home before your mom kills me."

Yawning once again, he grabbed my hand and we both left the castle.

-----------------
Madelines POV

As I watched my beautiful girlfriend leave I saw my parents' limo pulling up. I mentally slapped myself, of course they would see her and clayton and have questions.

What was I going to say?

Nothing. I quickly went up to my room and shut the door.

I went to the bathroom and got into the shower turning the cold water on.

I know you think I'm running from my problems. And I guess I am, to an extent. I honestly just do not want to deal with my parents. They aren't understanding in any way, and they would no doubt judge Lina. The last thing I want her to think is that I am embarrased of her. When in reality she is the most valuable thing I have. I know my parents and they would degrade her, and If they knew that I was gay... Well I can't imagine what they would do, especially my mother.

About fifteen minutes later, I got out of the shower. Humming the French national anthem, I combed through my long blonde hair. I walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel, which I almost dropped to the ground at the sight of my mother sitting In a chair next to my closet. Her face was stale, and her blue eyes burning deep holes into my soul. I was holding my breath, anticipating what was next to come. We both kept our positions, no one speaking, or blinking for that matter. I decided to be the first to move, I walked towards my closet, passing her I went in changing into my undergarments and pajamas.

"Who is she, Madeline?" her voice was cold entering my ear, I slowly walked back out, standing firmly in front of her. Was I going to deny Lina as my girlfriend?

"She's a..." I was cut off by her angry voice causing me to flinch.

"Don't you dare give me that same old crap Madeline I am done with the lies!!"

I immediately felt anger boiling up inside me, "like you can accept the truth!" I spat

"I am your mother, and it is my responsibility to know my own children"

"Yeah just like you knew Max?" I  immediately regretted my words. I saw a pang of sadness wash over her aging face, her eyes looked distant and gloomy. Max was my brother, he died when we were younger. Even though we were young, he was the only person that actually knew me. I remember building forts out of blankets together and then sleeping in them, we would whisper about how we wish our parents would play with us. Just like now, my parents didn't spend much time with us. n and Max nine, when he got really ill, my parents didn't think much of it. They hired an in home doctor to stay with us and treat him, he didn't go to school, and he barely left his bed. I believe my parents saw him ten times out of the three months he was sick, how would they have noticed him getting worse? I remember telling them that his cough was getting worse, or his head felt hotter than normal. I also remember them telling me that the doctor would fix it, and that he would be feeling better in no time. And I believed them, until the day I came running home from school excited that spring break was starting, only to walk into a sobbing house. They told me that Max had left us, and I didn't know what they meant so I ran up to his room to find out for myself, his bed was empty and all the doctors machines were packed up......

I pushed the thought out of my head, for so many years I blamed my parents for not paying more attention to me or my brother. I blamed them for his death.

"Max has nothing to do with this" she said in a whisper

I shook my head, I had to tell her, I could not hide who I was forever. I'm not getting any younger, and I want more than anything to be with Lina. She doesn't deserve to be my secret.

"I'm gay mother" her head popped up like someone had pulled the fire alarm. 

"Wha...what do you mean... Gay"

I rolled my eyes, "gay, mom I like girls not guys. The girl that you saw leaving is my girlfriend. The reason I don't want to marry any of those men is because I'm simply not interested, I never have been and never will be. I'm in love with her"

She shook her head furiously,

"No. I won't allow it...." I laughed cutting her off,

"You can't choose my life mother, I'm 24. I make my own decisions."

"I am still your mother, and this is still my home! No daughter of mine will ever degrad me like that, you will marry someone of my choice. A man"

"Over my dead body"

"Then leave," she pointed to the door her voice cold as ice, her face showing pure hatred, "Now."

-------------------------------------------
WOW that was deep.
I would love to hear your thoughts, I know there wasn't a lot of Lina and Maddie romance but I needed to show you guys why Maddie hates her parent's the way she does.
What do you think is going to happen?

I'm sorry if it seemed short it took me awhile to plan this soo.... Ya!
Anyway luv you lots, and VOTE!!