Her smile

After our intense kiss I managed to pretend like nothing happened for the rest of dinner.
I could tell she wanted me to bring it up, but I just couldn't.

I didn't want to ruin the moment.
This moment, with me sitting across from the most beautiful women ever. Eating the most delicious meal, that SHE happened to make. It was absolutely perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing about today.

"I'm glad you agreed to stay for dinner" she said taking a sip of her ice water.

"Yeah, me too" I said agreeing. I honestly hadn't expected Madeline to be this.... Nice. I literally expected her to treat me like a lower peasant or some garbage below her feet. But instead she treated me the total opposite, which made me love being around her. She laughed at my lame jokes, she listened when I told her about how my parents had kicked me out when I told them I was gay. She told me that her parents still didn't know that she was gay, and when I asked why she said,
"Unlike your parents, mine believe that everything has to be perfect. Mostly because their rich, they think that being gay is wrong"

I wasn't surprised, no wonder why she barely talked about them throughout dinner,
"How do you know?" I asked

She giggled which sent a spiral of emotions through me,
"I've lived with them my entire life, I've heard the things that they say regarding gay people. The only person that knows about me is James and my best friend heather"

I shook my head as I tried to take in all that she had just told me. I remember pretending to be rich when I was younger, how I would boss my dolls around and scream at my mother when she didn't give me what I wanted. She would tell me to stop acting like a little rich snob.

"Well you were right," I said trying to change the subject, "you are a natural in the kitchen."

She smiled which made me happy, I didn't like seeing her upset. Especially knowing what she was upset about.

"Thank you, I try" she looked me dead in the eyes when she said it. Her fierce emerald pearls looking deep into my soul. I didn't want to look away, but my eyes uncontrollably wandered down to her lips. She smirked and leaned closer, I could feel her breath on my skin, until my phone rang and she reluctantly sat back.
I checked the caller id, it was.... Jane.

I instantly felt a twinge of...joy?
Is that even possible, and why would I, considering I'm on an amazing date with an even more amazing women.

I answered and her voice rang through, bringing up an instant pang of memories.
"Lin?.... You there?"

I swallowed trying to find the right words,
"Yes, what do you want?"

"Still pissed at me....huh?" The look on Madeline's face was pure irritation.

"Of course I am... Jane, you hurt me! More than anyone ever has!"

The line went silent and then she spoke,
"I know... And I'm sorry. And I know that sorry isn't going to make up for it. But I want to make it up to you,"

I laughed,
"There's no possible way you can do that"

"I'm coming to Paris" I swear I could've dropped my phone in my pasta.
Hell no!

"Jane I don't think that's the best idea"

I heard a sigh on the other end,
"Well I can't get rid of the ticket"

"Sell it!" I yelled a little louder than expected causing Madeline to flinch. "Look I've gotta go, I'll call you later and we'll talk about it then" I hung up.

I looked up at Madeline, who was smiling in amusement,
"Who was that?" She asked

I rolled my eyes,
"No one..."

I didn't want to drag my possible new life into the drama of my old,
"That didn't sound like no one"

"My ex... She gave me twenty bucks and left me in the middle of nowhere" I said now fully ashamed

She looked stunned and infuriated, which made me happy, she was upset that someone hurt me....
"Well, she obviously doesn't deserve you" I smiled up at her

"You know, your good at this whole date thing!"

She laughed,
"I guess you could say it's solely experience... Or just that I was being honest" she looked away, "can I show you something?"

"Yes, of course" she stood walking out of the dining area, and up the swirling golden stairs I followed her down a long hallway with pictures of people, that all looked to be of her family. We passed tons of closed doors until she stopped in front of a pair of white French doors. She opened them and walked in,
"This is my room" she said standing in the middle of the floor as I looked around at everything. Was it wrong that the first thing I noticed was the bed and how huge it was?! There was a balcony that overlooked Paris, I could see the hotel. I rubbed my fingers across the material I her dresser, tiny random things sat on it. There were almost six snow globes, and looking around her room I saw several other different snow globes on shelves.
"I collect them" she said standing closer than I remember.

"Oh there really pretty" I looked down at the one my hand was on, it was a baby panda inside holding a bamboo stick.

"I got that one when I went to China two years ago" I was amazed, I looked up in the mirror that was above the dresser, Madeline's eyes caught mine and she smiled.

I laughed, she was staring at me through the mirror?
"You stare a lot" I accused causing a mad storm of red to appear on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, it's just that... You fascinate me," I turned to look at her confused, "I've always lived by the code, and you do the complete opposite. I find it really admirable, and attractive."

Now I was the one blushing, I bit down on my bottom lip,
"I think you are very admirable and attractive as well. I don't know anyone else that can do what you do, at your age"

She shrugged,
"I guess If your trained your entire life, it isn't that hard"

I took a step closer to her closing the small gap we had between us. Allowing my eyes to graze her amazing facial features, then my eyes hit her lips causing a breath that I didn't know I was holding to escape my mouth. She smirked and placed a soft hand on my cheek, my eyes never leaving her lips. Finally I smashed my lips onto hers, the heat radiated through my entire body. Her lips felt like magic,
She kissed me with such gentleness, I felt safe. I looped my hands around her neck. I let out a little moan when her hands gripped my waist pulling me against her warm body, I let her tongue explore my mouth. Reluctantly I pulled back, a smile played across my lips. She was still holding onto my waist, and I didn't want her to let go.

"Your an amazing kisser" I said between breaths

"Well it's easy when the person your kissing has super soft lips" she planted a soft kiss on my neck making me gasp.

"You know I don't usually do this type of stuff on the first date"

She pulled back,
"Is it too much?"

I laughed pulling her back, "no I like it!"

She stared at me for awhile,
"And I like you.... Will you go on a second date with me?"

I smiled and kissed her,
"Yes!"

________________

Everything seems perfect between those two.... For now!

Yes I've got to add some drama, and there's going to be a lot!
Anyway what did you think of the chapter? I know it was somewhat short but they can't all be super long!
COMMENT, VOTE!!! ❤️❤️❤️