The Role of the Rich

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon.

Immediately my head popped up from under the sheets, I rushed to the bathroom. Washing my face and not bothering to fix my hair I walked out into the kitchen area.

Clayton was wearing some shorts with a white t shirt, daisy was wearing pink sweats with a yellow sun drop shirt. I couldn't help but smile,

"Whats that amazing smell?" They both laughed and gave each other high fives.

"What was that about?!" I asked glaring at both of them.

"Oh nothing!" Clayton giggled along with his mother.

I looked over at daisy who was standing with three large silver trays all covered with matching silver tops. "We knew that the smell of food would wake someone up!" She finally said motioning for Clayton to take a seat. She opened one of the trays revealing a large stack of pancakes along with three pieces of perfectly cooked bacon and scrambled eggs. She placed the tray in front of Clayton, I watched as his eyes grew wide in delight.

Daisy shot me a look and pointed to a seat next to Clayton, I laughed and followed her orders by sitting down next to Clay. He had already managed to devour all of the bacon on his tray. Daisy placed a tray in front of me, mine had all of the same things as Clayton. Smiling I reached on the table for the syrup, smothering the pancakes with it. Daisy joined us to the table, she had the same food besides the eggs, she hates eggs.

"Thank you!" I said with a mouthful of food, I eat like a pig when it's food that I really like.

She giggled looking at my syrup covered face,

"Well Thomas gave me a hotel discount on the breakfast!" I smiled at the sight of my friend finally reaching out and giving love a chance. Placing my hand on top of hers,

"Good job Days, I'm proud of you!"

She nodded,"thanks, and I'm gonna be proud of you once you go on your date today!" I almost choked on my food, I completely forgot about today!

I stood up buck eyed and frantic,

"Lin, calm down! It's gonna be fine, and I have the perfect thing for you to wear!"

I grabbed Clayton's wrist and checked his little Lego watch for the time, it was 9:37!

"Ok well I'm going to take a shower"

Before I reached my room door Clayton yelled,

"Can I have your bacon?!" I laughed

"Yes Clayton!"

After walking into my room I walked over to my phone that had been charging. I checked for any notifications, I had one new message, and my heart did a flip when I saw It was from Madeline.

'Good morning, I just wanted to confirm our arrangement at eleven'

Gosh she's so formal, even with texting. I didn't know how to reply,

'Morning :) and yes our arrangement is confirmed! I'll see you soon'

I put my phone down not expecting a reply that fast but before I could walk away my phone buzzed.

'Ok. Great'

I could feel my cheeks begin to burn at her happiness that I was coming.

I went into the bathroom, turned on the shower and placed a towel across the floor. Stepping into the warm steaming shower I let the water caress my skin. My mind wondered to random thoughts, what If Madeline and I showered together. I closed my eyes and an image of Jane came into my mind. My eyes popped open immediately, why was I starting to think about her after all this time. After all I had to go through just to stop thinking of her, I wasn't going to let her just step back into my head.