🤍Dex Departure🤍

Start from the beginning

"I shouldn't have expected much from someone who never fully supported my vision."

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. The problem here is that you're naively delusional about it. I sincerely hope that what you have created isn't what inevitably dooms us all. It will either be humanity's greatest end. Or yours."

You scoffed, "Is that why you're leaving? Afraid of (A.I/n)?"

He shook his head, "In your vision, there's only one end. Leaving is all I can do to make you see that there's more to life. That there is hope. Like Sir Keigo, remember? How you both dreamt of a life beyond that dull cave and heroic duties-"

"Do NOT bring that man into this-"

"He had the right idea. To accomplish so much that heroes would work less and lead a normal life more. He tried to make you understand. It was only after he broke your heart that you listened to what he said. But it was too late, wasn't it?"

Your breaths became shorter, holding back tears. "Why would you say such a thing?"

"To make you understand-"

"Liar."

"Because you are as precious to me as you were to your own mother and father and I swore to them that I would protect you and I haven't."

"Liar!"

"I've never lied. Except when I said I loved you."

Your heart stopped as your eyes were then filled with a melancholic tone. He activated his Quirk and turned his back toward your direction.

"Whenever I disagreed with Hali, they always proved me wrong. For once, I hope they're right."

"(B/n)..."

He placed a small crystalized water box on a table nearby. You watched as the blue portal disappeared behind his fleeing figure. The magnitude of your grief had yet to pass. Your body trembled as your heart dried out. It felt as though you could bleed an entire ocean through your eyes.

This was a rare moment, where you learned more about pain than you ever wished to know. 

Kurono slowly peered inside the jet, "𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞? 𝐌𝐬. (𝐋/𝐧)?"

He spotted the broken-hearted billionaire and quickly darted to your side, worried about what had ensued while he was absent.

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜?"

Once a statue, perfect yet fragile underneath, now ground to dust as the words of your adoptive father pulverized your image. Vulnerable to gust. It felt as though you couldn't be any more broken. The deed was done. It was over and the raw pain still seared at your shattered heart.

The intrusive muscular man returned.

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭?"

You swallowed your emotions, "𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧."

As you walked toward the front cabin, Rappa grinned at the other mobster.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭?"

"𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫?"

Kurono shook his head, "𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧."