2

Roman, 15🕺🏽

"Roman, you gotta be one of the slowest people I've ever met.", my dad tells me, shaking his head at me.

We sat at the kitchen table, eating breakfast before I left for school and they left for work.

"You're one to talk.", I mumble only to get slapped upside my head.

"I'll have you know that I scored a 12 on my ACT.", he tells me, rolling his neck.

"Retard, it's out of 36.", my mom intervenes, and I explode into laughter.

"But you told me it's out of 20.", he responds as if he was about to cry and that only makes me laugh harder.

"You laughing like you didn't finish your freshman year with a 67 in P.E.", he says, and my laughter comes to an abrupt stop.

"That only happened because I was never in there.", I mumble. "And why the fuck not?", my mom questions, looking at me.

"Because I was clapping cheeks in the bathroom, ma. I was getting all the physical education I needed with some coochie from a senior hoochiiieeee.", I answer, humping the air.

"Just like yo' daddy, boy.", my dad tells me, pretending to cry.

Oh, yeah.. I'm Roman Ky'Oni White, the son of the retarded Landon and badass Emoni. I have a twin sister, but she's not important right now.

As you can see, I'm my daddy's child 🌚.

"Hurry up and finish yo' food before I stab you.", my mom threatens as she mugs me.

"REMY KI'ANI!", my mom yells to my sister, and within a few seconds, she comes flying downstairs.

"Hurry up and eat before your ride gets here-" She's cut off by a horn honking outside.

"Who is that?", my pops questions, looking out of the window. "Ley and Michael.", my mama answers, and before she could finish her sentence, he jetted outside.

"BESTFRIIIEEEND!", I hear the both of their voices yell as I make my way outside.

"Oh my god, it's been so long since I last saw you, bud.", my aunt says, hugging him. "You ain't lying, best. It's been about a good week.", he responds. "On Jehovah!"

My uncle simply stared blankly at the back of her head as she talked.

"Mike! What it do, bro?", my dad asks him.

"I really find it funny how y'all are the same crackheads y'all were in high school. Like what the hell?"

"Tuh.. I hope you mean the same real niggas.", my aunt says, doing a weird pose and my dad does the same.

"Nope. I meant crackheads. Or is it meth?"

"I actually prefer heroin, but it's whatever at this point.", my dad says, starting a whole debate about drugs.

As our moms and dads talk, Remy and I get comfortable in the backseat with Michaela.

Minutes passed as we sat in the heat.

"Um- ma? Dad? We kinda have to get to school.", Chae says, sticking her head out of the window.

"We coming.", they respond.

"Hold on, Roman. Lemme hear something right quick.", my dad says, walking to the truck. I give him a questioning look.

"Lemme hear you say 'go to class'. That's how you get all the lil' high schoolers."

Licking my lips, I do a small smirk and say, "Get to class."

"Hell nawl.", my goddad intervenes.

"Bite the bottom lip first, lean yo' head back, low eyes." he instructs.

I try again, doing as he said.

"Go to class.", I repeat.

"Okay, first of all. You needa have yo' ugly ass in class instead of tryna tell other people where to be at.", my mama tells me.

"Periodt, with a capital T.", Remy adds, pushing my head.

"Shut up before I get ol' dude.", I mumble, pushing her back. "Chill."

"Oop- tea?", Michaela questions with a raised eyebrow.

"It ain't no tea, man. Roman is just a dumbass.", Remy answers, mugging me.

"Alright, kids. Let's get this show back on the road.", my godmama says, getting back into the truck.

And with that, we make our journey to school.

he's so fine y'all, like omggg 😝✌🏾