16th October 2014

16th October 2014

Unknown number: Morning, beautiful.

Anah: Good morning.

Unknown number: Did you tell your folks about me?

Anah: Umm… not exactly. I was half way through telling them about you when Eden started talking about having a party at our place Saturday night. Suddenly, the fact that there’s a guy in my life paled in comparison.

Unknown number: There’s a party at your place Saturday night?

Anah: That’s what you got from the message? Not the fact that I didn’t get a chance to tell my parents about you?

Unknown number: I’m kinda glad you didn’t tell them about me. And yeah, the party was more important. Where was my invite?

Anah: Why are you glad? And I was gonna ask you, but I didn’t think you’d want to come.

Unknown number: Of course I would.

Anah: ‘Would’ what?

Unknown number: Come to your birthday party.

Anah: Look, I can only deal with one thing at a time, so choose- talk about me not telling Mom and Dad about you, or talk about this party. What’s it to be?

Unknown number: Party.

Anah: Typical guy, huh? Well, obviously you’re invited. Eden’s telling everyone to get here by nine. Do you know where I live?

Unknown number: Sure I do.

Anah: Oh, yeah. I forget that you’re my own personal stalker.

Unknown number: I’ll be there. So about your parents. I’m glad you didn’t tell them about me, because you wouldn’t have been telling them about me. You’d be telling them about Jacob, a boy who doesn’t exist.

Unknown number: Why are you in Eden’s Poli Sci class?

Anah: I’m getting whiplash from all the conversation changes. Give me a second to get my head together.

Anah: One- glad you’ll be there. Maybe you can come talk to me? Two- I wasn’t going to go down that ‘Jacob’ route. Haley’s plans are always sound on paper, but in reality, her ideas suck. And three- I’m not in Eden’s Poli Sci class.

Unknown number: Yeah you are. I can see you. You’re dressed like her and you’ve got your hair tucked up into a messy knot so the teacher won’t suspect anything, but Eden doesn't gnaw at her bottom lip like you do, Anah. Big giveaway.

Anah: Whoa. You really are a creep, aren’t you?

Anah: Eden has a test next period and hasn’t crammed for it.

Unknown number: So?

Anah: So, I’m going to ace the test for her.

Unknown number: Huh?

Anah: I’ve got to pretend to be my twin.

Unknown number: I don’t like this. And didn’t Eden have a shorter skirt in her wardrobe for you to wear?

Anah: I'm sensing sarcasm.

Unknown number: A little. I mean, I'm appreciating your legs, but so is every other guy in the damned school. I’m pretty sure I saw a freshman actually drool over you this morning.

Anah: He was drooling over Eden. It happens all the time. They mistake me for her and then they’re disappointed when they find out it’s me, not Eden.

Anah: Except you… you actually like that I’m me.

Unknown number: Your sister is pretty, but you’ve got her beat.

Unknown number: You shouldn’t blush like that, babe. It’s not a very Eden thing to do.

Anah: Sure thing, Honey Bun.

Unknown number: Why do I even text you when you abuse me like this?

Anah: Oh, I love you too, Honey Bun.

Unknown number: What-

Anah: I mean-

Unknown number: You love m-

Anah: That wasn’t how it soun-

Unknown number: Your face! I can’t even breathe! I think I might actually die from laughter.

Anah: If I could slap you right now, I would!

Unknown number: Chill, babe. It’s cool. I know what you meant. I just hope that one day… maybe you could say it for real.