SIX

SIX | SOMEDAY WE'RE GONNA WIN

❝ and i don't want you to go,
i don't really wanna fight

SOPHIE'S POV

It was nearly four period when Sophie finally saw one of the Parker twins walking down the school hallways for the first time since Thursday. The day when what initially started as a search in the still ongoing question of what'd been going on with Kai Parker that day, had strangely developed into the family matter, the entire school was discussing when neither Kai or Jo showed up the next day or were seen during the weekend.

Truth was, Sophie didn't know what to make of everything she'd heard in the past three days, and knowing it wasn't her place to know or to be hearing rumors about, she tried not to pay any mind to it. She knew what it was like to be the center of those rumors and she hated it, so she'd made sure everyone who'd tried to approach her to talk about the Parkers, knew she had no time for it.

Something which had proven easy on Friday thanks to the swimming try outs and all the homework catching up she had to do over the weekend but she couldn't bring herself to ignore Lana May in Biology this morning, where she'd talked Sophie's ear off about everything she'd heard regarding the twins and the Parkers since that day, instead of doing the class' practice. No matter how hard she tried to change the subject, she'd failed every single time.

It's how she'd eventually ended up hearing what Lana called the "truth" of the events that had taken place in the Parker household over the weekend. Ironically enough, Lana's recollection of the events were the most realistic ones considering the wild and completely fabricated rumors that were being passed around school. Although, considering she'd heard it from Chloe, or more like the reason people were even talking and creating rumors about it, it gave Sophie a strong reason to discredit whatever she heard from them.

Something she would've done from the very beginning, if it wasn't for the fact that Chloe heard it from the only credible source the school had among them: Holden Englert, Josette's boyfriend. Who she believed had made the regrettable mistake of confiding something to the one person he shouldn't have. Truth to be told, she didn't know the nature of their relationship, but she couldn't find a reason why would Chloe, being Holden's friend, or at least someone who he trusted enough to share his girlfriend's conversations with, spread something Josette had most likely told him in secret.

The terrible thing was, it was a small town and whenever something happened, not matter how little, it was bound to be the talk of the talk of the town for weeks, and bearing in mind that this was one of the very few rare times the Parkers were the center of those talks, according to Abigail, she was sure this was just the beginning of it.