Chapter thirty six

When came to, I could hear shuffling and the sounds of Odeya getting dressed. I sighed and opened my eyes before shaking my head. "Take off my jacket."

She popped her head up and rolled her eyes. "But it's cold outside."

"Thanks Dean Martin, now drop it." With much resistance, she pulled off my leather jacket and tossed it onto the bed. I lifted myself from the bed and pulled on my sweats.

"This was fun."

"That makes one of us." I mumbled in response, grabbing my Vans. "Make sure no one sees you when you leave." She huffed before walking to the door and pulling it open. "Make sure you have all your shit too because I'm not bringing it to you." When I didn't get a response, I looked up and saw Odeya standing with crossed arms and a smirk... Alexa on the other side.

"Sorry.. everyones going for lunch but it looks like you might've already ate.." she muttered before turning around and walking out of view.

"Shit," I huffed and quickly pulled on a shirt, scrambling for my shoes before jogging out after grabbing my key and Odeya's arm. "I'm not stupid." I said when I saw her eyeing my jacket. I closed the door behind me and made sure it locked before running past Vanessa's 'friend' and making a beeline for the elevator. "Lex!" I called out but I saw her look up sadly just as the elevator door closed.

I let out a groan before pushing the stair case door open and running down eight flights of stairs to hopefully catch her at the door.

I didn't know why or understand it but I felt the need to explain myself. Explain why I slept with Odeya even though I didn't even know why I did. I just knew in the moment I wanted to get back at Vanessa but now that I think about it, that was completely idiotic.

I didn't even like Odeya. Matter of fact, I hated her. Alexa needed to know that, I needed her to know that.

Once I reached the bottom of the staircase that was for the lobby, I pushed the door open and ran the elevators. But instead of her coming out, people were walking in. I looked around the halls as my hands clenched and unclenched at my sides.

"Hey Y/nn." Justin said as he walked out of the elevator with a smile. "Wanna get some cof... what's wrong?" He asked when I rubbed down my face.

"Have you seen Alexa?" I asked, my eyes still scanning the area. "I think she came down but I don't.. I don't know."

"Uh I'm not sure. Haven't seen her since last night, why?"

I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick text, asking if we could talk. She read it but didn't respond. "Shit." I huffed.

"Hey sleepy head." I heard Vivian say but I couldn't focus on anything but getting Alexa. I needed to know where she was. "What's up with her?" I heard her ask Justin.

"Have you seen Alexa?" I questioned, finally raising my head when she still hasn't replied. "I really need to talk with her."

"Yeah, she was just in the food hall making coffee." I hopped at her words and slid my phone into my pocket as I rushed away from them. "Wait Y/n-"

"I gotta go!" I called over my shoulder. When I reached the food area, I saw the girl branding faded strands of blue and brown hair, leaned over the coffee counter. I let out a relieved breath before approaching her. "Alexa, listen-"

"Chamomile tea with a sprinkle of lemon and honey." She said simply before handing me the cup. "You're almost due for soundcheck and the meet and greet." I frowned at her professional demeanor as she grabbed her coffee and started walking away.