Chapter fifty eight

"Just eat the-" I held the tissue to my nose, a loud sneeze echoing around the living room which made Rosie start crying. "Eat the chicken nuggets, Stella. I'm sorry baby." I covered my mouth with the scarf as I picked her up, holding her in my arms. "Mamas a little sick right now ok-" I turned my head, another sneeze racking my body and making her cry more.

"I don't wanna eat the chicken nuggets." Stella whined, making me look up at her in exasperation. "I want pizza."

"Well you can't have pizza." She crossed her arms and let out a scream with mixed words between them. I rubbed down my face and rocked Rosie, my headache slowly starting to pound with the mixed noises.

"Mama, look." I looked at Ezra as he made two chicken nuggets fight. I smiled softly and went to turn but he went back into view. "Look mama look!"

"I'm looking, bubs I'm-" my attention was switched again.

"Pizza mama, I want pizza!"

"Mama the dinosaurs! Rawwwr! Look!"

"Waaahhhhh."

I blinked harshly as I felt my eyes start to water. Jesus I needed help, I needed someone or my brain was about to implode. That or I was about to start crying real quick.

"Who wants pizza?" I looked up, a happy sigh leaving my lips at her frame, holding a pizza box. She looked at me silently as she picked up Stella and perched her on her hip. "Why are you giving mama a hard time, huh? What did mommy tell you?"

I sunk into the couch as I was finally able to breathe, Rosie now quiet as she turned her head into my arm.

"Mommy say no screaming at mama." Stella replied softly.

"That's right. You're not getting pizza until you finish those chicken nuggets, go." Vanessa set her down and smacked her butt with her hand. "Don't let me catch you doing that again, Stella Moe."

Stella nodded, alligator tears running down her cheek as she walked to me and hugged my head. "I'm sorry mama."

"It's okay." I whispered and rubbed her back. "No more yelling, alright?"

She nodded and walked to the kitchen with her head down. Vanessa sat besides me and grabbed my chin, scanning over my face. "You look like shit."

I chuckled, my head shaking. "How flattering."

She smiled softly before leaning my head down and pressing her lips to my forehead, my eyes closing softly. "You've been up all night." She stated more than ask but I still nodded. "I can tell by the bags. Go get some rest, take an Advil. I'll watch the kids."

"Really?" I breathed out and she nodded with a small smile. "Thank you, Nessa." She took Rosie from my arm, grabbing the bottle from the table and starting to feed her. "And about-"

"We can focus on us later." She cut off, giving me a look. "Take care of yourself right now, Y/nn. Get some sleep."

"Okay." I whispered before walking up the stairs and to my room, all but collapsing onto the bed.

My body physically sighed at the feeling of the warm cotton surrounding me, my brain able to relax without interruption. Thank you, Vanessa.

-

"Hey," I groaned, digging my head further into the pillow as I heard a whisper near my ear. "Y/nn, you need to eat, you've been asleep all day."

"No." I rasped out, coughing into the pillow roughly. "I'll just throw it up."

"I know. Drink this." I peeked one eye open as she held a straw to my lips, a glass cup in her hand.

"What... is that?" She chuckled at my disgusted expression at the brownish orange drink.