Life or Death

Lucy blinked awake. Stay or go?  The question flashes into her mind. Lucy looks around, it's all white.

"Mom? Aunt Jane? Anyone?" Lucy calls. Slowly someone starts to appear in front of her.

"Lucy Isles. I am your biological mother, Sarah. I'm here to give you a choice. To stay or go. To live or die. I'm already dead, but if you decide, you can stay with me. Forever. Jane and Maura will join later. Or you can live on earth."

"I want to live! That's a stupid question."

"What about me? If you live you might never see me again," Sarah informs.

"But what about my mom? And Jane? We're family."

"I'm your family too. Sweety, please, stay with me." Lucy doesn't notice, but Jane appears.

"Jane and mom are my family! You abandoned me! I was in foster care until they adopted me! You're only my blood mom, why would I stay with you?" Lucy hisses.

"So I can explain myself. Tell you why I gave you away."

"Lucy, it's up to you." Jane butts in, making her presence known.

"Aunt Jane!" Lucy races over to Jane, giving her a big hug. "Are you going to die or live?"

"I'm going to live, but you can stay with your mom if you want," Jane informs with a sigh.

"Why are yup going to live?"

"Because I almost got married once and when I had the ring on one time, Maura and I had a discussion. And one of the things Maura asked me when I said I was unsure if I was going to get married or not was, how would she survive without her best friend. I can't let Maura lose both of us. One of us has to stay with her, so, you can't stay with your bio mom if you want."

"I'm going to live. Mom's bio dad was horrid, I won't risk mine being the same. Plus I'd miss you guys too much," Lucy hugs Jane. "Let's go to mom."

With that the went back to life.

~~~~~~~~~

An, the end. A nice way to end the story. Hope you liked!