Beauty In The Dark | 1.

"My name black Dante, I cannot resist when you pass my way.

Your name beauty in the dark, I'm staring through the fog tryin' to find where you are.

You got to take my hand, you got to at least give me this one dance.

I've been waiting all night, don't be cruel girl it's only right.

I've been watching and waiting all night long, and now they're playing this song.

And you know, and you know.

You got to take my hand, and give me this one chance.

I can see it in your eyes, and baby I don't mind.

It's a beautiful thing, especially if we can rock and swing.

When you're in my arms, I'm smelling your hair and I'm feeling on your charms.

Baby, please come close, don't let me go.

Baby, please hold tight, we can rock like this all night...."

As Mos Def's - Beauty In The Dark poured out my speakers, I laid in my bed relaxed watching the candlelight flicker on my walls. It was looking to be yet another lonely night.
I've seemed to have adapted to these more often lately.
My so-called "man" Tyrone was at work or so he claimed. Where he's seemed to live at these days.
I'm not stupid though. I know that he has been stepping out on me. He has been for months now. Coming in at crazy hours of the night, sometimes around five or six in the morning. With liquor on his breath and stank pussy on his dick.

But, I let him do his thing. I'm just waiting it out until I get this new condo. Knowing him he's been out there fuckin' every bitch he got his hands on raw. Just like a nasty nigga would. He's a manipulator and knows exactly what to say to get what he wants. He is what some would call a narcissist. I am so done with living this life.

It wasn't until the day I got a phone call from the women's clinic, and they informed me that the abdominal pain and weird discharges I was having was because I had something called Trichomonas. I nearly dropped my phone and cried my eyes out. This man really gave me an STD. It didn't sound like something curable and I began to freak out.

The nurse was calm and reassured me that it could be cured. So I asked, "What can be done to get rid of it?"

It was then that I realized I deserve so much better. He wasn't going to stop no matter how much I cried or begged and pleaded. If he didn't even care enough to protect himself. Then he damn sure didn't care about me.

I heard the front door open, so I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. As I always do. And like always Tyrone came in, got in bed and wrapped his arms around me. Within minutes he was snoring into my neck. I let out a small sigh, as a tear trickled down the side of my nose onto my pillow. The love I had for this man was unreal. And the fact I still loved him so much even though he does me so wrong angers me. And it just makes me feel weak.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be the day I receive the call I've been waiting for. I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep this up. Pretending to be okay, acting as if I believe his lies and acknowledge the so-called effort he has been trying to show me.
Tyrone was the only one I could rely on and had in my life. The only one that showed he cared about and loved me. No matter what he put me through there was still some kind of security that I wanted, even felt I needed to hold on to. And because he does so much and has so much to hold over me, I believe he takes advantage.

Wiping the tear away, I said a silent prayer. Then I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

--------