Chapter 10

Ava's p.o.v

Waking up was easier this week considering we didn't have to perform until later at night. But, we got to the venue just incase they changed around the category's. "Girls, make sure you are on top of your game. We don't want Kendall, Brynn, or Nia to beat us," Ms. Abby said. After all of us got out of the hotel we went on a private bus to get there. All of us were sitting in our own isles, considering there wasn't many of us. When we arrived fans were cheering for us. "I love your dances." "Good luck." "You will win for sure."

After we got into our dressing room, we heard something from behind the curtain. Kira went to open it and Jill and Ashley walked right into her. "Ladies don't you know it is rude to be in someone else's space. Don't you know common respect," Miss Abby said to them. "Well we thought it would be nice to say hi to our 'friendly' competition," Jill said with a smug look on her face. "You can leave," Ms Abby said pushing them out the door. After they were out the door Abby told us, "You girls don't need that unhealthily attitude to start you off." Maddie and I got ready for our solos because we were the first ones in our category.

Maddie's costume was a light brown one piece with black lace, and a skirt . My costume is a white one piece with a sheer skirt.

        Kendall was a few numbers before us so we were able to see her solo

Kendall was a few numbers before us so we were able to see her solo. While she was doing her solo after her turns she forgot something because she stood there clueless until she started to dance again and it looked very messy like she was improving as fast as she could. Before we went on stage there was a girl named Savannah competing with us. She was on stage right before Maddie. After she came off stage I told her "You did a really good job." "Oh, thank you so much. That means a lot to me coming from you," Savannah said back.

     When Maddie came off  it was my turn.

After I came off stage I had a hard time breathing. Maddie immediately grabbed me a water bottle from the table. "T...Thank...you.," I said to Maddie while trying to regain my breath. A few minutes had passed and we were back in the dressing room. "Good job girls, you both did very well. I expect you both to be the top two," Miss Abby said to us after we sat down. Once Maddie and I were done with our hair and changed we went to the audience to watch Mackenzie's and Kalani's solos. While Mackenzie was doing her solo her music started to skip around and then it finally stopped. Mackenzie kept going and everybody was cheering her on. After she finished her solo everybody in the auditorium was on their feet except of course Kendall, Jill, Ashley, and Brynn.

When they both came back from the stage we hug them both. "Good job both of you and congratulations to you Mackenzie, you kept dancing when your music was skipping," Miss Abby said to Mackenzie and Kalani. After both of them were changed and in their costumes we started to walk to the stage until we saw Kendall and Brynn walking towards us. "Great job on your solo Mackenzie, I wonder what happened to your solo music. It's such a same that it started to skip," Kendall stated. "Kendall, what happened when you were doing your solo it's like you forgot something." I said back to her defending Mackenzie. She looked at me as if I had hurt her physically and said, "Well you don't have to be so harsh towards me I was just commenting on her performance." Instead of carrying on fighting with her we just headed to the stage.

      After we got back stage it was like my lungs had stopped working. I immediately got the closest water bottle I could find so I could moisten my throat. Sometimes when my throat is dry I can't seem to get air into them easily.  A few  numbers before we went on stage we had our pep talk. When Kendall and Brynn's group dance was on stage a girl hit another girl in the face, and from there it started to spiral downwards.

Once It was our turn we took the table on stage and the phones too. It was pretty heavy, but we handled it easily.

(Ava is taking the place of Brynn, Kalani is herself, Maddie will take the place of Nia, and Mackenzie will take the place of Kendall.)

Once we got off stage I felt really lightheaded, like I was going to pass out from the lack of oxygen I was getting. When we entered the dressing room I immediately sat down to see if it would help, but it didn't. As soon as my mom entered the room I told her I didn't feel to well. "Okay honey, when we get home, or back to the hotel we can schedule a doctors visit," she whispered to me. "Mom, I have not been feeling too well since my solo so could we possibly schedule it in a few hours, after awards," I told her. "We will see honey, it depends how fast the competition moves," she replied. A few minutes later, Jill and Ashley entered the dressing room and criticized us by saying,"Oh hello ladies, Mackenzie what happened with your solo music it's like somebody sabotaged it, Maddie did you finally complain about all those frilly pink costumes and revolt against Abby's decisions, Kalani, your hair how did you get it done did you let somebody blind do it, and last but not least, the spoiled brat Ava. I heard from my little girl that you hurt her with some very inappropriate words.  You are a sneaky and immature child."

The next that Jill and Ashley did appalled me. Jill had grabbed me by the arm and took me and had shoved me so hard, I hit the wall and had been knocked out unconscious. The last thing I heard was my mom trying to wake me and telling me to stay awake.

(Word Count: 1,100)

I hope you guys like this chapter. I am sorry if you don't notice me updating a lot because school had just started for me and my schedule will change. If you have any suggestions please tell me in the comments.

~Kassie🌺