Christmas Eve Party

Start from the beginning

I look around at all the Christmas decorations set up in the house. It was like a cheery winter wonderland. Like when they decorated for Halloween, there are handmade decorations everywhere, most of which were probably done by Peter when he was little. The ornaments on the tree are similar, with some of them being store-bought, but most being homemade.

MJ and Ned have already arrived, so I think that's everyone, unless the Parkers have some other family visiting.

Peter and I make our way over to the tree, holding the presents that I got for everyone. Peter looks at the name tags until he comes to the present wrapped in red.

A small laugh escapes my lips. "Peeking at your present, Peter Parker?"

I hear MJ laugh from the couch. "Say that five times fast."

Peter ignores her. "I wasn't peeking! I was just...looking."

"Mmhmm. Sure."

"I was!"

"Whatever you say," I say, my smile forming into a teasing smirk.

He sighs, smiling, and he nudges me with his shoulder. I grin at him as we set the presents down under the tree. Ned and MJ come up to the two of us as well.

I glance at the three of them and finally notice their sweaters. "...What'cha wearing?"

Peter is in a green homemade sweater, which would be normal, except for the 3D snowflakes and 3D snowman face attached to it. Ned was in a navy blue sweater with a sewn on Spock head and the words 'Trek the Halls'. MJ has a blue sweater with a Christmas tree sewn onto the side. Hers was the most normal of the three.

Peter looks down at his sweater and chuckles. "Parker family tradition," he explains. "May likes to knit us homemade ugly Christmas sweaters that we wear every Christmas Eve. She gives them out to all of our close family and friends." He notices me holding in a laugh. "I know that they aren't the most attractive looking, but a tradition is a tradition. Besides," he smirks, "I have a feeling that you'll be joining the ugly sweater club too."

I chuckle. "I think it looks adorable."

Peter starts to blush and is about to say something when May comes into the room. "(Y/n)! I'm so glad you made it! How was the weather outside?"

I smile at her, seeing her also in a homemade green sweater, hers with a Christmas tree on it. "It wasn't too bad getting here. It's snowing though."

She smiles, then looks to her nephew. "Peter, why don't you guys start some of the activities we planned, while I work on dinner, okay?"

Peter nods and May starts to walk back to the kitchen.

"Activities?" I ask.

Peter grins at me while raising an eyebrow. "Of course! Wouldn't be much of a party without anything to do, now would it?"

I shrug. "From what I've seen, parties are just a bunch of adults gathered around, talking, drinking..."

Plus a robot attack and the start of Ultron, but I'm guessing that isn't a normal party thing.

"Well, this party has activities, we're not adults, and there will be no more drinking for you." He says, shoving my shoulder teasingly.

The four of us sit down in the living room. MJ and I sitting on the couch, and Peter and Ned sitting on the floor beside us. Peter on my side, Ned on MJ's.

"Oh come on, I couldn't have been that bad," I argue.

Peter looks me dead in the eye and raises his eyebrows. "Believe me, you were."