Revealed (Part 3)

(Stark's P.O.V.)

After Pepper and I had made it through half of The Chamber of Secrets, my dad finally returns.

"Hey!" I call. "How was your super secret meeting?"

"It was good," he replies as he sits down next to me.

"Who was it with?"

"It's a super secret."

I roll my eyes. "Haha, very funny. Seriously, who was it with?"

"Not telling." He grabs a handful of my popcorn. "So, how'd your algebra test go?"

I look at him curiously," it went...fine...how'd you know about that?"

He shrugs. "I have my ways."

I glance at him suspiciously before turning my eyes back to the movie. He probably found out from the school's online website or something.

"So, any new projects?" He asks casually.

I look over at him, slightly worried. "Um...no, not really. Why?"

He can't know, can he?

No, he can't possibly know.

Right?

"No reason," he shrugs. "Just trying to take interest in my daughter's life."

I pause for a moment, before continuing. "Well, there is this one thing, but I'm still in the planning phase for it, and I want it to be a surprise. If it works, though, it might just knock you off that pedestal you've created yourself." I grin.

Not a lie. Not technically. I do have another project that I've been planning, but that's another story.

"I hope so," my dad replies.

"You hope so?" I question. "You hope that I'm going to outshine you someday?"

He nods. "You are the next generation. Someday, all of this, all of Stark Industries, will be yours. I can't wait to see what you'll do with it. You'll improve it so much and completely outshine me, just like I did to my father. So yes, I hope so."

I look over at him in awe before snuggling up next to him. "You really think I can outshine Iron Man?"

"I know you can."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Aww." My dad and I look over to see Pepper watching us from the other couch. "You guys are adorable."

My dad extends his arm and Pepper comes over to join us, getting wrapped in our family snuggle.

"Now everyone shut up so I can finish watching the movie," I say.

Pepper and my dad laugh.

.........................................................................................................

After waiting forever for the boys to join us (honestly they are so slow), we finally all begin to talk at our usual lunch table.

"You guys are so boring," MJ comments. "Surely there must be something interesting going on in your lives?"

Like trying to catch a rapist and potential attempted murderer?

"Not really," Peter says. The rest of the group shakes their heads. "What about you, (Y/n)?"

I smirk. "Come on guys, it's me. Everything I do is interesting."

MJ throws her cup at my head and we laugh.