Chapter 1

Medicine | Au/Ra

I've been working so hard. All my life I've been pushed away. My mother was a person who thought my brothers were like kings while I was a slave.

I tried so hard with school and work in order to have food for myself. I never really thought about my brothers since they have their parents.

My father, however, was ruthless. He would come trash everything all over the place. Jump into conclusions about women rights and have the power to hurt me in any way as he could.

Even if I didn't go to the best school because of my horrible grades, I'm glad I passed. I ran away from home after saving up money from work and the stuff I had left.

Which was just a book The Civilian Death of The Prince. Which is odd because I found this in the basement not too long ago. It sounded interesting so I decided to read it.

I did read it all and it feels almost as if I felt the way the character went through. What's happened in my life is almost as exactly like that.

I mean society has changed and thank god it has because if it wasn't it would've been a bull.

People are just snakes. No matter what they do, there is always drama around. Wherever I go there's always something happening.

Life is just too hard and sometimes taking yourself somewhere happy is a great option.

Even if it's the last time you'll see it.

Being in Canada is just great. I honestly love it here no matter what. I've traveled and got the stuff I needed.

Finished college and now what? Find a job?

I have to move to another country to do that. Why? Because if my parents find me I'll be back in there in no time.

I walked to the cold breeze out on the road. My face flushed red and numb from the cold air. I just didn't get accepted to be accountant this time. It's still hard to find a job anywhere you go.

I sighed and looked up the food court. Parents having fun with their kids. Couples hanging out.

Colten with a girl. Wait... Colten with a Girl!

I gulped and my eyes widen. That's my best friend Emma but what are they doing together?

My heart beats quickly as they got closer to each other and kiss. They kissed! They fucking kissed!

I don't know what to say or do, but just feel used. I feel hurt enough. I've known Colten since high-school and Emma since middle school.

Emma and I used to hang out all the time. We worked at the same place in high-school. All the memories with her crashed.

I met Colten in my sophomore year, we met at the nurse office since most of the kids in the class got into a huge fight.

Since then I started to become friends with him. After high school, he asked me out. It's been five years. Even those five years have been so quickly, it's feeling like I just met him yesterday. It feels like my memories are now changing. He's not mine anymore.

Has something been up with them since then? I might as well go by them since I was getting some sleeping pills from the pharmacy next door to the café.

I went across the street and walked closer. My heart was beating quickly which freaked me out. I couldn't hear anyone but my heart beating.

As closer I got, the more I was afraid of the truth. I was afraid of finding out what they've been doing.

I even live with Emma and seeing her back home won't be a great idea at all! Who does she think she is trying to hurt me when all I've done for her is care.

"Happy Five Year anniversary."My eyes widen and walked ahead of them to even see everything.

"You remembered."

Five. Did this guy just say five! We had our five year anniversary a week ago. This is just insane.

I went inside and went to look for the pills. I held my tears and kept wiping them as I go. Once I got them and put my hoodie closer to my face.

I paid with the little money I had and got out to see them walking closer to me.

"Are you going to break up with Paris? You know if she finds out she's going to be pissed. I mean I live with her and it's weird but she pays for the place so it's free for me."I heard as I walked farther behind them.

"Of course. You know I only have a heart for you besides that bitch is annoying and too stupid. I hope she dies and leaves us alone."

I stood there as they laughed. They're laughs become invisible and we back the other way.

It's been said, every time I try to make myself happy. There's always a sad truth in the end. Which mine is, I'll never have a happy ending.

I'll always be someone who's going to go through the same cycle every single time I do something.

All the words they said were the same from my parents. As I've said I really never had time to be with my brothers since we were both raised differently and pushed away from each other.

So my brothers weren't near me. I don't know them nor do they know me. All I know is that they got better care from me. Since I saw them from far.

I walked to feel the cold air hit me. I walked home quickly and held my hand on my chest with a fist.

I made my way to the apartment and locked the door. I went into my room and completely shut it. I threw myself on the bed crying.

Who am I supposed to talk to? Who am I supposed to call when no one is beside me? Why is that I have to walk into a lonely path, all alone when I'm trying to have someone beside me. Every time I try to make my loneliness go away or even my fears. They just come back. Just why?

I felt something on my stomach and sat up to see the sleeping pills. My eyes widen and I grabbed my bottle of water.

One way of other I would want the world to stop chasing me over and over again. I want everything o stop.

I took a bunch of pills quickly with water and I wait till it kicked in. Everything was black at last.