sharp canines

"Holy shit, what the fuck are-"

Abruptly cut off, a young lycan throat was slit. Unable to shift when he came in contact with this unknown creature, it drained all his abilities, leaving him completely helpless.

Blood immediately began to leak profusely. His perpetrator stood there, silently watching him as he gurgled on his blood slowly dying. Smiling wide with teeth showing; though not like a human or any animal, they are shaped like shark teeth only bigger. The creature quickly sank its teeth into the corpse, biting and eating into the warm flesh.

***

Unfortunately the lycanthrope that was slain, was apart of Marquise clan. The next morning, news quickly made its way to Marquise, needless to say he was upset.

"Fuck! How many times I told Rome never to go out unless he had someone to go with him. I promised his parents I would watch over him, but things got hectic when Lance was murder and I-" 

"Marquise!" Mya cut off her brother before he went farther into his angry rant, not wanting to spend too much time trying to calm him down. "Look I know you are upset that we lost yet again another pack member, shit everyone here is including me. It's not your fault, Rome was young and naive, he was not trained properly." 

Sensing that her brother is some what coming down to her level, his eyes glued to her she continued, "Now I know that you and the others believe that the vampires did this to the both of them, but I don't...Its-its someone or something else that is lurking around here, did you not see how Lance body was? What if Rome looks like that also." 

Marquise grimaced, the disturbing image of Lance body; in pieces laying in the sewer made its way into his mind. Who was he kidding vampires would not have done anything like that, even if they are mortal enemy's. Sighing, Marquise looked away from the window, where he was looking out of as he took in Mya words staring directly at her.

"Mya if what you are saying is entirely true that means there is another specie here, unknown and dangerous. Not only will it attack us and other packs, but most likely humans as well. You and I will go down to where Rome was killed and get as much information as we can get. We most likely wont be able to see his body, since the cops are already down there by now. But if I can still find anything to prove this is true, then a meeting will be held tonight, understood?"

Mya obediently agreed, "Yes Alpha."

***

The Alpha and his trusted Beta rode together in silence to the place where the murder took place. Inching closer, Marquise and Mya picked up on a foul scent, it definitely was not one of a human or vampire."Smell that?" Mya asked a look of disgust on her face, Marquise nodded his expression solemn. Coming to a complete stop once he saw a crowd of people with an ambulance and cops up ahead they got out of the car, the scent suddenly grew stronger. "I think we have company" Marquise nearly growled scanning the area, and that is when he saw it. Strangely only him and Mya could see the creature. They figured that since all the humans around them were oblivious to a black figure moving around in broad daylight.

"What the fuck is that?" Mya asked shocked, Marquise did not say anything as he watched the creature walk away from the crime scene, his anger began to bubble and broil as he realized it was this thing that killed two of his pack members. The creature moved swiftly, teeth showing, eyes the color of emerald which are the only thing that the two lycans can see on it. Currently its eyes were on a girl who was walking towards a black MINI COOPER S, looking as if it wants to eat her. Marquise began to growl loudly, he was ready to shift and kill this creature. 

'This is not good' Mya thought trying to figure what to do in this situation to protect Marquise and her identity from the few people who were beginning to stare. Unexpectedly the creature turned away and disappeared down the alley by a Starbucks. Marquise was going to follow and rip the creature apart if only his sister had not caught his arm in a strong grip. "Marquise, relax your fucking self!" Mya yelled snapping him back to reality. He then found his eyes trailing over to the girl the creature was after. When she turned his way Marquise found himself mesmerized.