dev and i sat together. more witnesses then started walking in the room, we all sat down in front of a glass that showed the other room. there was a gurney there with straps to it, the straps made me nervous for joey.

joey

i was sitting in my cell peacefully eating my last meal. even saying that made me wanna bawl my eyes out. it was hard eating the last meal i will ever get to have unless god had some badass food up there, but something tells me i'm going to pay satan a visit. i don't know why i'm making jokes, i do it when i'm most nervous.

the meal i'm having right now is the same meal i had when i first laid my eyes on june, she wasn't the waitress that day, but when i saw her the first she took my breath away

*flashback*

"dude im starving!" tayler groaned as he threw his head back against his seat. i rolled my eyes as i drove.

"calm down idiot, we're here." i park the car in front of the restaurant. tayler, bryce and dev immediately hopped out of the car. i grabbed my hat from the glove box and put it on before getting out of the car.

i walk inside the restaurant and spot the guys in a booth that was far in the corner. i was making my way towards them when i suddenly felt myself bump into someone.

"shit! i'm so sorry." the waitress spills for coffee all over my shirt.

"yo watch-" i stopped mid sentence when i lock my eyes with the waitress. i clear my throat and shook my head, she was beautiful. "don't be sorry, it was my fault, my bad."

she grabs one of the napkins and starts wiping the coffee off my shirt but it was no use since it wasn't helping. "hey, i promise it's all good. i'll just put my hoodie on." i smile at her.

i look over at her uniform and check her name tag which read juniper, i'm guessing that was her name. "are you sure? i'm still very-"

"i promise you're all good." i chuckle and make my way over to the booth. i grab the hoodie that was by bryce's leg and slip it on.

"what happened to your shirt?" he asked.

"waitress spilled coffee on me." i tell him, putting my hood over my hat. i clear my throat and pick up the menu, scanning through it.

while the boys talked, i peeked over at the table across from us and watch as juniper took their order. she had a huge smile on her face as she wrote down every order. once she finished i immediately took my eyes off her and looked back at my menu to make it look like i wasn't just staring the fuck outta her. she was very beautiful though.

flashback over

"it's time, birlem." i look over at the guards standing by the cell door. i nod and get up. i pick up my tray and hand it to the guard when they open the door. i then stick my arms out so they can handcuff them and my legs. after they handcuff me, one of them grabs my arm and walks with me while the other two guards followed behind him.

a tear slips out of my eye as we walked walks towards the room where my execution was going to be held. i prayed and prayed that they'll get a call and say that they got it all wrong, that i wasn't the one who murdered my sister, but that call never came.

june

we all sat there waiting for joey to get here. when he did i gulped and sat in my seat nervously. he looked over at us with red, puffy eyes. he glances down my lap and widens his eyes when he sees our son on my lap.

i look down at him and place a small kiss on his head. i didn't want him to see joey like this, i didn't want to bring him but i had no one to leave him with,
but i also figured it'd be the only time joey would ever get to see him so i figured it'd be worth a shot.

they uncuffed joeys hands and legs. he lays down on the gurney, he took a deep breath as he stared up at the ceiling. he then turned his head towards me. a small smile appeared on his face.

'i love you.' he mouthed to me.

'i love you too.' i mouthed back.

"inmate joseph matthew birlem was convicted of first degree murder of bella birlem and other charges such as armed robbery's and drug trafficking .. the court sentenced him to death penalty." the guard announces before looking over at joey. "inmate birlem do you have any last words?"

joey nodded slowly, he started tearing up as he spoke. he turned his attention towards us. "you two are basically the only people i have left, i am forever grateful for what you two did for me, you both mean a lot to me and i love you guys very much."

joey looks over at dev. "please take care of june and my son for me?" i look over at dev. dev nods as he wipes his tears away, this was the first time i actually seen him cry this much.

joey looks back at me. "i love you so much june, thank you for spilling that coffee on me." i started laughing and crying at the same time.

"i love you joey." i say softly, wiping my tears away.

"take care little man." he whispers under his breath but still loud enough to hear.

after he spoke, one of the guards closes the curtains to start the process. after about a minute later he opened up the curtain again. joey was strapped down to the bed and the warden and nurses were surrounding him.

the medical team then prepares everything up and hooks joey up to a machine thing. one of the nurses grabs the syringe and dips it in the first drug. he walks over to joeys side and sticks the needle in his vein, pulling the plunger back.

i kept my eyes on joeys face. he was taking deep breaths as he looked up at the ceiling. you can easily tell he was scared.

next the nurse dips the syringe in the second drug which paralysis him. he does the same thing, he injects him with it. the nurse puts his hand over joeys leg which seemed to calm joey down. after about a minute later i noticed joeys skin color was turning purplish, it terrified me even more.

lastly was the third drug which stops his heart. the nurse sticks the needle in joeys vein and pulls the plunger back slowly. the warden stood by joeys side when the nurse steps away.

that's when joeys eyes starting fluttering close, his hand was shaking slowly, but then soon it dropped right when his eyes fully closed, his head was facing the other direction.

one of the nurses walk over to him and checks his pulse. we wait for a couple of seconds for him to say something, finally he does.

"he's gone." the nurse announces. "time of death; 12:43 pm

i bit my lip and tried to hold back my tears but i couldn't, i started sobbing loudly. dev wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. i rested my head against his shoulder and sobbed as i watched them put joey's body in a body bag. i still couldn't believe he's really gone.