;I'm offended | Smol! F.I. x Tol! Reader | (4/?)

Start from the beginning

Frank's head immediately shoots up and his eyes have a hint of sadness and desperation when they meet mine. "No! It's not that!" He says and pauses, inhaling. "I love you, don't think that. It's not even an option."

"Then tell me what is it." I say in a tired tone, running a hand through my hair.

"Um, well." He lowers his eyes another time and nibbles on his bottom lip before continuing. "I- I just don't think I'm good enough for you." He says lowly in an almost embarrassed tone.

"Why'd you ever think that?" I ask, beginning to understand everything. I move closer to him and place an arm around his torso.

"I mean, look at my ridiculous height." He shifts in his place. "I can barely reach your lips, the guy is supposed to be taller and reach things, protect the girl, y'know. And you're such a girl."

"I can't believe you follow society's stereotypes." I say scoffing. "It's stupid to think like this, it isn't what will tell how much we love each other or if you're worth it, you know that." I pause, staring at him. Frank has an apologizing and ashamed look on but remains silent. "Why'd you think that?"

I can notice him holding his breathe for a moment before answering. "Some people were saying we're a weird couple, that you deserve a real man and all..." He says quietly, almost inaudible.

"They're idiots." I exhale, pulling Frank closer and hugging him tightly. "You know I love you too much to care about the height difference, right? It's just another idiotic detail." He relaxes against my touch and hugs me back, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I love you too." He mutters and I smile, looking down at him and leaning in for a kiss. - I'm happy things are okay.

~

"And what are they like?"

"Pretty chill."

"They'll like me?"

"For the thousandth time," I look at Frank and say slowly, "yes." I return my eyes to the road. "My parents will like you. They just care about personality and all and you're a really nice and kind guy, they'll love you." Yet, he sighs and I glace at him to see he's with a sulky expression on, with his arms crossed over his chest as he's sunken down on the passenger seat. It makes me let out a light chuckle, mentally comparing him to a child.

Soon, we arrive in my hometown, where we'll be spending the summer break. We get our bags in hands before walking to the front door. I press the doorbell button and can immediately hear the rushed footsteps approaching. Frank shifts nervously and I take his hand in mine, squeezing it in an attempt to tell him it's okay while giving him a smile, which he tries to return.

"(Y/n)!" My mother's voice comes up as soon as the door is open. I turn to her with a big smile.

"Mom! I missed you a lot." I say letting go of Frank's hand for a moment, just to pull her into a tight hug. "This is Frank." I place my hands over his shoulders. I can feel him tensed up under my touch and rub his shoulders with my thumbs, wanting him to relax.

"Hello!" She says smiling widely. "Nice to meet you! Finally I'm getting to know you!"

Frank speaks up surprisingly confidently. "Nice to meet you too, Mrs. (L/n)."

"You can call me (m/n)." She says and steps aside, "Come in, the two of you must be tired from the trip here."

"Indeed." I breathe a chuckle, letting my hand drop to Frank's and pulling him inside the house with me.

Mom closes the door again and quickly reaches us. "Give me your bags, go to the kitchen while I get them to your room." She disappears upstairs with the bags in hands while Frank and I walk to the said place. There, my father sits at the table and I smile seeing him.

"Hey, I'm back!" I say and he widens his eyes, looking up from the newspaper he has in hands.

"(N/n)!" He exclaims placing it over the table and walking towards me, engulfing me in a hug. "How are you?"

"Fine." I smile hugging him back. "Missed home a lot." A moment later, we pull away and I step to beside Frank, placing an arm around his shoulders. "This is Frank. Who I talked about."

Dad is silent, looking down at Frank - who is visibly tense, even tho there's a smile plastered over his face -, and I can notice dad's already judging. I'm able to catch his eyes for a moment and shoot him a pleading glare. Dad exhales before smiling and reaching out a hand for Frank to shake, "Nice to you meet you. I'm (d/n)."

"Same, I-I'm Frank." Frank says shaking his hand, slightly nervous, and I smile watching them.

It doesn't take long until mom's back downstairs and we all sit down at the kitchen table - which's filled with cake, bread, croissants and so on - for drinking, there's coffee and we eat while catching up.

I got inevitably happy noticing how well they accepted Frank. I could notice they found it odd, because of the height difference - their eyes flicking from Frank's figure to mine along with a 'curious' expression gave it up -, but they didn't say anything about it and acted normally, trying to know more about our relationship.

Frank, himself, seemed a bit nervous at the beginning but quickly got calmer and returned to his normal self, laughing here and there with us about a chuckle and getting in conversations with my parents.

"You two are so cute together." My mom says smiling.

"It's such a concentrated love." I say pulling Frank closer and pressing my cheek against his.

________
________