Chapter 13.

Denise.

"So, you want to watch a movie?"

"Fa' show. Whatchu' got? "

I pointed under my TV stand. August got up going over to it picking a few movies up. "Love and Basketball it is."
"No." I objected quickly. "I hate that movie. I've watched it far to many times."

"If ya' hate it then why you got it?"

"It's not mine it's Ty's. She leaves it over here and watches it every time she spends the night."

"Okay then whatchu' want to watch and don't say shit about no Sponge Bob."

I took a pillow from the couch and threw it at him. It hit him right on the head. "Ouch. That hurt."

I shrugged. "Keep my baby name out your mouth."

"Yes Massuh."

"You and Ty with the slave jokes." I shook my head.

"What da' hell?" August asked.

"What?" He held up the movie and threw it, it landed right in my lap. "Oh. Opps." I was slightly embarrassed.

I handed him back the movie. "So whatchu' really be doing when you  here all alone? I'm starting to think Sponge Bob was a cover up." August flipped the movie over reading the back.

"Busty housewife wants dick. Real classy, Denise."

"Okay, that's it." I grabbed the movie from him and took it in my room putting it under my pillow then I came back sitting beside August. I started rummaging through other movies. I could feel August looking at me.

"Starring isn't polite."

August chuckled still smirking at me. "I can't wait to tell Sneak about this."

"Oh my. Please don't. He's going to tease me about it."

"So tell me, is that your favorite movie? You got some mo'?"

"A few but I'm not about to talk about this with you."

"Alright. Cool."

I finally found a movie that I wanted to watch." How about Madea gets a Job?"

"Yeah we can watch that."

I took the movie out the case and put it in the DVD player. I turned on the TVs and handed August the remote. I went to the kitchen and I started popping popcorn.

When it was done I put it in a bowl and popped another bag repeating the process again. I grabbed the bowl and two sprites out the fridge with some skittles and went into the living room.

"Thanks."

August started the movie and I was already reciting all the lines. Now this was my favorite movie.

~

I got up off the couch seeing it was completely dark. I don't know what time it was and how I even fell asleep. I got up stretching. My phone started vibrating on the couch. I picked it up seeing it was my mom.

"Hey mom."

"Hey sweetheart. How have you been doing? I haven't talked to you since Sunday."

"I'm good actually."

"Have you heard anything else from Nolan?"

"Yeah, I talked to him today."

"Really? What did he say?"

"Well he said hi and then I asked him why he left and he insisted that I wait until he actually comes back so he can explain it to me but I don't want to hear it."