The Effects Of The Wall

Rose Height - She's 10cm shorter than Levi

Rose P.O.V.

"Rose, Eren, Carla, Mikasa, Please be all right!" I see a flash of dad riding a carriage.

"Eren! Eren! Eren! Eren! Dad! Stop, Dad! What are you trying to do?! Just give me your arm!" I then see another flash of dad pulling at Eren's arm with a hand, his other holding a needle.

After injecting Eren he then turns to me. I feel my body moving backwards. "N-No, stay back! Mom's death has made you go crazy!" I Hear myself shout, frighted.

"ROSE!" My father shouts grabbing my arm.

"Let go, Dad!" I scream. Thrashing my arms in every direction.

"It's for your own sake!" He tries to reason. Bringing the same needle closer to my arm.

"What are you talking about?!" I ask desperately.

"Listen! Don't forget the key! You must reach it! Until you learn the truth someday!" The last thing I remember is hearing my scream and my father's face.

"Rose. Eren." I feel my body coming back to consines. I suddenly spring up. I look up to see Mikasa standing above me, with Eren to my left.

"Are you okay? You guys were having a nightmare." She asks her face looking concerned.

"I feel like I just saw Dad" Eren saying bring his hand up to his face.

"Yeah me to" I nod my head.

"No.You were dreaming." Mikasa says standing up. "Let's go.They said they're going to hand out food."

"Is there gonna be enough?" I ask, my voice unsure.

Mikasa nodes "Apparently this was their food storehouse.They've gathered all the boat refugees here."

"Hey isn't that dads key?" Eren suddenly asks, pointing to my neck.

I turn my head down to look at my neck. Indeed just as Eren had said there was the same familiar key around my neck. "How'd it get here?" I ask out loud. Mikasa shakes her head, well Eren just shrugs his shoulders. "You wanna wear it?" I asked Eren.

"No. I'd just lose it. You should hold onto it for now, and plus, you've always been better at holding onto things then me." he answers.

I turn my head and see people fighting.

"- Hey! Get in line, will ya?!"
"Shut up! I ain't eaten anything since last night!"
"We can't say we've survived just yet."

"Rose! Eren! Mikasa!" I look and see Armin running toward us with loaves of bread.

"Armin Here!" Eren calls back

Armin stops right in front of us "Just in time! My grandpa got us some bread by saying it was for children!"

I hear my stomach rumble. My face turns the colour of a cherry tomato "Thank you."

"Do you actually believe we have to share our food with these animals" We hear a military police officer.

"Tell me about it. It's desgusting" Another says back.

"What's his problem?" Eren asked angrily.

"You can't blame him." I say softly "There's probably not enough food to go around."

Armin nodes "And that's an entire day's worth.There are just too many refugees.

There was already a food shortage going on, plus the people here aren't treated as well as citizens on the outer wall." He addes in.