CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Do you really feel that way?" Danielle turned to Sam

"Do you really feel that way?" Danielle turned to Sam. She could spot the guilt eating away at him. She knew he was sorry. "I do... sometimes. And then there are moments where I don't," she admitted. Dean had stayed outside. He wanted to give the two time to speak. "I'm sorry..." She smiled softly despite the rapid beating of her heart. "I know you are. You didn't know. If roles were reversed..." Her words drifted off. Sam wanted to reach for her. He could remember the day they reunited. She was so broken and tattered physically, but she was so strong. Seeing her weak like this broke his heart. She noticed his hesitance and took matters into her own hands.

Her arms wound around his torso, her face buried into his chest. He was so warm. He engulfed her into his arms, tight and safe within his grasp. She buried her face within his chest and breathed in his musky smell. Her fingers wrapped tight around the back of his shirt. He held onto her like she was dying. He was scared that if he let go, she would fall apart. He was terrified that every ounce of her strength would wash away and she would become a shell, withering away. "I'm so sorry, Danny," he breathed out, his breath fanning over her head. It ruffled the loose strands. "I know." Her voice came out muffled.

The door slowly creaked open and Dean stared at the sight in front of him. Sam's hazel eyed were glassy with unshed tears, his arms so tight around Danielle that Dean questioned whether or not she could breathe. And the pained expression on her sharp features made his chest clench. His heart pulled for her. She nuzzled herself deeper into Sam's chest as Dean closed the door as silently as he could. "Things will get better," Dean heard Danielle speak. He turned to look at her, noticing her eyes locked on him. "I just know it."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Chapter Eighteen:" THE CURIOUS CASEOF DEAN WINCHESTER:PART ONE " ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Chapter Eighteen:
" THE CURIOUS CASE
OF DEAN WINCHESTER:
PART ONE "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                    THE TRIO walked along the corridors of a stingy motel, the moonlight illuminating their path. Danny tied back her hair, slipping on a pair of jogging pants and wore one of Dean's flannel shirts over her white t shirt. "Well, at least he's consistent. Same room every Tuesday, hourly rates," Sam stated as they neared their destination. Danielle gagged at the thought. How could a man cheat on his wife after so many years? Mrs. Whitlow was kind enough. "Hope I got that kind of kick when I'm his age," Dean joked, throwing a wink in Danny's direction. She shoved his shoulder with a sigh. "Pig." Sam chuckled at the two, shaking his head. "Don't worry. It's not like either of us will live that long." Dean agreed with Sam. Danny felt her smile falter at the thought of losing either of these idiots.