CHAPTER TEN

"Woah, woah!" Sam held up his hands in surrender once the knife from her holster was pointed toward his face

                    "Woah, woah!" Sam held up his hands in surrender once the knife from her holster was pointed toward his face. The tip of the blade was centimeters from his nose. Danielle's eyes widened, her mouth hanging open in shock. "Oh! Oh, my God. Sam!" she whispered, her hand dropping to her lap. The knife was taken from her grasp slowly, as if not to surprise her any further. She drew in a deep breath, combing her fingers through her tangled hair. Her hands were no longer bloodstained, her hair cold and damp. Her eyebrows puckered. "Sam... did you bathe me?" His cheeks flushed as he forced an awkward chuckle, running his own hand through his hair.

"You, uh, you passed out. I stuck you in the shower and washed your hair.. Then I bandaged your hand." She looked down at the red stained bandage wrapped around her left hand. It was tight, but comfortable. "I know its weird, but I know how it feels to sleep in blood, and waking up to it... You shouldn't have to go through that. Not while I'm here." Without another word, Sam found himself cocooned between her arms. Her nose bumped against his neck as she buried her face there, her breath warm. He wrapped his strong arms around her, allowing her hair to hide his face. "Thank you," she mumbled against his skin. He grinned and nodded in response, just wanting to stay in that moment.

He knew the prophecy was a big deal. He understood why she wanted to stay away from Dean. He understood her need to run away. And he liked being there with her, as friends, holding each other's broken pieces together. She ruffled his hair once she pulled back, her lips stretched in a wide smile. "You're not so bad, Sammy," she hummed, taking the younger boy by surprise. He raised a questioning brow, only to get a shrug in response. "Its catchy, and suits you. I think I'll call you that from now on. Cool?" He pondered on the thought. Dean had been the only one to call him that. Dean had told him, though, that he got it from their mother. Another woman calling him Sammy felt weird.

Maybe it was because he never heard Mary say it. Or maybe it was because he hoped Danny stayed, for as long as she could.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Chapter Ten:" THE END:PART ONE " ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Chapter Ten:
" THE END:
PART ONE "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛