"Emily? Aren't you coming?" Preston's voice interrupted my thoughts as I realised I had been stood staring at the door he had disappeared into earlier only to find now that he was stood at the front door holding it open, his keys dangling from his hand.

Almost as if my mind was speaking rather than the guilt that was now eating me alive my head quickly moved up and down as I walked towards the front door where Preston had served me a small smile and all the reassurance I had given and feed myself before that I had to do this disappeared and my stomach was soon filled with guilt, dread and fear.

*****

"Jesus am I that bad of a driver?" Preston broke the silence that had riddled the car for the past fifteen minutes of driving as I looked at him my brows furrowed in confusion as he pointed at my knee that was bouncing up and down at a rapid pace.

"Yeah, shitty" I replied smiling over at him as he let out a breath of laughter as my insides fell apart and my smile instantly dropped. I was the worst person on the earth right now. 

"You know when the pack first heard that the Alpha had found his mate, I thought it would make him less harsh at pack training, that he would get off our asses for a while but it only made him work is harder. Even when he wasn't at the pack trainings because you know it was hard when you didn't know everything, he was in our heads. Pushing and pushing us. Obviously it pissed me off but it was so obvious what was happening. Since you came you changed him to be better." Preston spoke his eyes flickering to meet mine every couple of seconds as his words sunk into my chest.

His words didn't comfort me which was no doubt his intention and purpose but only added to the guilt that had filled me. I opened my mouth to tell him that I wanted to go back, I wanted to pretend I never went and lied to Preston, I would just be patient and wait to the weekend to see my grandma.

"Preston-" I began my voice coming out slow as my brain fumbled over the words I was about to feed out to Preston however I was interrupted by the sound of the engine of the car turning off.

"Here we are" Preston sighed as I looked up and sure enough we were at the end of the driveway to my grandma's house, the locked gate preventing Preston from driving up to the front door.

"I'm sorry" I let out as I pulled of my seat belt, yanking the door open. I couldn't help myself, even if he didn't realise the real intent around my apology right now he would no doubt soon no once he faces Four's wrath.

"For what?" He questioned his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, he was so innocent in the mess I had just purposely got him caught up in.

"For bothering you" I forced a small smile on my face as I had successfully hopped out of Preston's car and was no leaning on the window to see his face.

"What are friends for?" He threw one last smile as I backed away from the car and the last remaining piece of decency I had left in me shredded, I had just fed my friend to the dogs.

I took a deep breath as I turned on my heels, coming here didn't even seem worth it anymore. I was a shit person for throwing Preston under the bus like that, feeding him lies which would no doubt end up with him hurt and with what advantage? No doubt I would only be here for what? A mere half an hour before Four realised and I would be back there anyway. This was my fault, no one to blame but myself.

I forced my legs to movie and walk towards the gate, I made my way over to the small plant holder my hand fishing in blindly in search for the spare key I knew was kept in here. Darkness had fully swept over and the light and protection from Prestons car was now gone. My hands soon clasped around the cold metal as I made my way over to the lock on the gate, my hand dragging across it acting like a map as I fumbled around pathetically failing at getting the key to even line up with the lock.

"Having a bit of trouble?" A deep voice felt like a roar in the silence as it sent shivers down my spine, the hot breath bouncing of my neck as I felt my hands go numb and the key fell to the ground. I felt a hand being forced over my mouth as their body heat transcended over to me.

My heart fell out of my chest as I flailed around in the persons strong grip until my eyes finally caught sight of whose arms where around me.

I closed my eyes almost in relief mixed with shock as I pried his hand from my mouth as I turned my body to face the familiar face which I never thought I would get too see again.

"Dylan" I breathed out squinting my eyes, even in the darkness I could determine his distinctive features. I don't know if I should be overjoyed that he was the one that found me or scared. Was he still the same Dylan?