Chapter 2- Best Friend

Shoto's POV

[Saturday afternoon]

It's been a week since I started training and I'm having so much fun. I get to practice I swing my quirk with these teachers and it's really cool. Dad mostly helps me with my fire while mom, Fuyumi, and Natsuo helped me with my ice. Mom had me practicing to make snow. It's so cool and I tried to make little sculptures of everyone. All the kids at school say that my quirk is really cool. The nice words are great but when mom and dad say they are proud of me or look at me happily when I do a new move or learn something new..well..makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and not just from my quirk. Dad said that starting on Monday I'll be doing training with just him and I won't have to go to school. I was confused by what dad meant so I asked mom while we were watching tv. "Mommy, how can I learn if I don't go to school?" I asked looking up at her face from my place in her lap. "You can stay at home and still learn", mom chuckled, "It's called home school where either me, dad, or a tiger teaches you at home",  Mom said. "You will be able to sleep in some, learn at your own speed, and be able to be in your pj's all day long",  she said. "I can be in my pj's all day. That sounds great!" I said excitedly. "But I won't be able to see my classmates or my teacher anymore." I said a bit saddened. "It's ok sweetie we will go to the park and be able to have fun with them and go on playdates too." She said trying to reassure me. "Mommy can we go to the park now?" "Of course we can and maybe you will see that nice puppy again too." Mom said grabbing her purse and putting on her shoes. "Go get out of your pj's and put on your play clothes. Have Natsuo or Fuyumi help you ok?" "Ok, mommy I will!" I immediately ran off to pick out my favorite play clothes and shoes and asked big sister Fumi to help me.(a/n: Fumi will be Shoto's nickname for Fuyumi for a while and after he will only use it to tease her or when they are alone.) "Fumi can you help me get dressed?' I asked while bouncing excitedly I can't wait to go to the park...I hope I see the doggie and that green-haired boy. I wonder if he is feeling better. I thought with a slightly worried expression but I overall looked happy. "Of course, I'll help you out Sho." Fumi said. "Why are you so excited hmmm" she said ruffling my hair. "Are you going somewhere fun?" "Yes I'm going to go to the park and play. I hope I get to play with my friends from school or the doggie I saw last time." I said bouncing even more. "Sho I can't put on your shirt of you bouncing like that" she said as she laughed. I stopped bouncing for a bit so could get dressed. Once I was done I thanked Fumi and ran to mom so we could go to the park.

—-

Time skip because of time

—-

We got to the park and I was sooooo excited. Is that Yaoyorozu on the swing...IT IS she is my bestest friend...I'm going to miss her when I get home schooled. "Hi Yaoyorozu!" I said and waved. "Oh hi Todoroki, and you can call me Momo or Yaomomo silly." She said. "Oh ok hi Yaomomo and you can call me Shoto or Todo." I said. "Ok Todo do you wanna play on the swings with me?" She asked. "Yea lets play...oh yea I have to tell you something too." I said starting to get a bit nervous about how she would react. Will she not want to be my friend anymore...she was my first friend...I hope we will still get to play. As we walked over to the swings I saw a tuff of forest green but ignored it thinking it was just a bush blowing with the breeze. When we got to the swing I told Yaomomo what had been on my mind. "Yaomomo...well..I won't be going back to school...m-my dad wants to homeschool me" I said visibly tensing up and wincing before she responded waiting for the pain and rejection. "Oh you are well we will hopefully still get to play together. And we can meet up at the park either after school or on the weekend." She said. I sighed in relief at her response. Well at least she doesn't hate me and we will be able to stay friends and play together. "Well let's go to tell our parents so we can know what days we can play." I said. We ran to our parents to tell them our plan when I saw that same tuff of forest green hair. This time it moved and a boy appeared to be attached to that tuff with a gray dog licking his face. It looked like the same dog from last week and that same boy too. Looks like that dog found an owner and the boy found a friend. I wonder if I should talk to the boy and see if we can play together with his doggie. After Yaomomo and I told our parents if our plan I told Yaomomo that I saw someone I know and wanted to play with them. 'Yaomomo I see a friend I want to play with.' All of a sudden I here her mom call to her. 'MOMO IT'S TIME TO GO HOME!' Her mom yelled across the playground. 'I have to go Todo I'll see you later..have fun.' She said as she waved bye. 'Bye Yaomomo see you soon.' Once she left I started to walk towards the boy and his dog. Should I ask to let his dog first or mention what I saw last week. Or so I just ask for his name and ask to play with im then see if he is ok and ask what was wrong then. And I was thinking when I heard a pounding sound getting close and louder. The sound pulled me out of my thoughts. "KOUKI!"The person said. I looked up and it was the dog from last week running towards me with someone chasing  after it. The dog ran over to me and jumped on me. I guess it still remembers me from last week. "Kouki don't do that that's not nice. I'm sorry I just got him last week." He said nervously while scolding his dog named Kouki. "Oh it's ok I actually saw that dog last week when I was at the park and we played. It must still remember me." I say while petting the dog after its owner scolded it. "It's ok. Hay I was wondering...

And cliff hanger...haha hope y'all liked it there will be more fluff in the future

Author out