ch 11

Randell, Hamish and I were in the sitting room waiting on each other so we can head out when Jack walks in.

"I know who's performing this magic." 

"Gabrielle Dupres and Brandon Caruthers." Randell says done tying his shoe.

"How did you-."Jack trys to ask but Randell cuts him off.

"I saw you talking to them, and they both got into The Order. Do you really think I wouldn't figure that out?" Randell asked.

"Yeah, thanks for the heads-up." Lilith says walking down the stairs.

"You can't kill them." Jack says trying to stop us.

"We can if we hurry." I say trying to walk past him as we all start towards the door.

"Look, just let me talk to them first. You at least owe me that much." Jack says making me snap.

Grabbing him by the throat I slam him against the wall. "Everything bad that has happened up until now is because you haven't listened to a god damn word we've said. We don't owe you anything. You understand?" I question him.

"Yes." He chocks out and I release him taking a step back."We can stop the magic. Without killing anyone." He adds.

"How?" Hamish asked taking a step to stand next to me.

"I didn't eat Clarke's heart when I killed him. So the magic targeting Benson, it kept going. It found a new path to her." Jack explains.

"The person driving the car." Randell says standing on my other side.

"Exactly. But the magic started to wear out. It  was less effective, that's why Benson wasn't killed. We can wear a spell down, render it harmless." Jack continues to explain to us.

"That's great, when we know the target." Lilith says.

"I can find out. Just let me talk to Gabrielle and Brandon." Jack says, his eyes begging. "This will work."

"Says the expert." Lilith says rolling her eyes.

"If it doesn't go ahead and kill me." Jack says looking at me.

"Sounds fair to me. All right, Jack. What's your plan?" I ask. 

Jack goes on telling us his plan saying he'll need Hamish to scare Gabrielle and Brandon. After telling us the plan he leaves to go through with it.

**************************************
370 words