ch.10

Hamish has sent Randell to try and get Jack to shift, while I'm in my room studying for a test waiting for them to make progress with Jack. Listening in once and a while I can tell its not working. So far Jack sounds like he's trying to take a shit. I sigh. I'm so bored.

I go down stairs with everyone else trying to help jack. We're all sitting on the coach, while jack stands in front of us pacing trying to change.

"It's no use." He finally says.

"Try again." Lilith said munching on chips.

" We've been here all night." Jack says getting fed up.

"Your point?" Lilith answers back.

 "It's not gonna work. I can't wolf out unless I hear that damn ringing. I can't control it." Jack snaps back making me sigh, again.

"It's 'cause you're throttling down when you should be giving it some gas." Lilith trys to explain to him.

"Don't think of it as losing control. You're gaining control." I put in trying to help him in some way.

"Of what? My homicidal nature?" Jack me back.

"Your strength, dumb-ass." Lilith snaps. Making me and Randell chuckle quietly.

"Lil." Hamish warns."Just let Silverback out. Accept everything he feels, wants, remembers." He finish's.

"Accept what I did to Professor Clarke?" Jack asks on edge.

"Yes, exactly. Whether you do this or not is up to you. But you have to choose it." I say.

"Okay. Okay, I'm listening."

"Okay. Close your eyes. Feel the itch moving through you. Can you feel it?" I ask him. 

"Yeah."

"Okay, chase it. Grab it."

"Randall said to go with the flow."

"Randall's an idiot." Lilith butts in. I give her a look and she shrugs, popping another chip in her mouth.

"Ah, an idiot who's pre-med." Randell tells her offended.

"Look, we all have our own experiences with transforming. Find yours. How did you feel when Benson was in danger?" Hamish asks trying to help.

"Worried. Concerned. I didn't want her to get... hurt." Once Jack finished talking he started to change.  We all watched fascinated.

"Clarke was under some kind of magical control. And I - ." jack stutters out changed back.

"You saved Benson." Randell says.

"I killed someone, okay?"

"You totally covered for this guy." Hamish figured out.

"Twice." Lilith thought to butt in.

" What does it matter? I still turned out to be right." Randell trys to justify.

"How long was I turned?" Jack asked us as he started to get dressed.

"Not long. About three seconds." I said, disappointed.

"At least he made it to full wolf this time." Randell says always on jacks side.

"Yeah, but he'll never hold the wolf unless he quits wallowing in his guilt." Lilith says trying to make a point.

"She's right. You have to trust Silverback." I say sitting forward.

"You keep saying that like it's separate from me." He says.

" It is." Lilith says.

"And it isn't." Hamish finish's.

"Totally cleared that up. Thanks for turning me into a murderer." Jack says grabbing the rest of his clothes and leaving.

"What a shit show. It's a total waste of time." Lilith says getting up and walking over to the bar.

"I'm starting to think Lilith is right." I say getting up and going to the bar too.

"Of course I am." she says back to me.

"Guys. He's Silverback." Randell says making me look over to him.

"He's also in The Order." Hamish adds.

"Maybe that's why Silverback chose him." Randell says looking me in the eyes.

I shake my head poring myself a drink.

**************************************
603 words