Dianne paused to take a breath, looking up briefly at Joe who she could see was looking at her in shock.

"But...I blew it," she continued, her eyes getting watery yet again. "The texts were in my head, and I could barely focus on anything. I messed up every single step, and we got the worst score we've ever received. Marco stormed off, and I was left alone to watch the other couple celebrate with their trophy. The entire time, I just kept seeing the photos in my head, and hating myself for letting a personal relationship ruin the one thing that meant the most in my life."

Dianne thought she saw Joe's arm move and begin to reach out toward her, before he thought better of it and laid it back down onto the comforter.

She shrugged, before finishing her story. "And that's the story of Marco. Well, there's more to it actually - he ended up apologizing, making up some crap excuse for the photos that I was stupid enough to believe. We dated for another three months before I caught him in person, with the same woman, in our flat. I finally had enough and left him. I moved home, went back to get my cosmetology license, and completely gave up dancing."

"Dianne," she heard Joe murmur. "That's a terrible story."

She let out a hollow laugh, shaking her head. "I know. Sorry. I'm really good at bringing down a mood."

---

Joe stared at her, not knowing what to say next. He was partially shocked, and partially in awe. He had been waiting for these details for so long - but they weren't what he had expected. He wondered why she hadn't been able to tell him earlier.

"Is...is there a reason," Joe started hesitantly, "That you kept all that from me?"

Dianne opened her mouth, but Joe continued not letting her speak, "Because, to be honest Dianne, I've bared my heart and soul to you these last three weeks...and I would have appreciated a little bit in return. Maybe then we wouldn't be in this situation right now."

Joe winced as he heard the anger in his voice. It had come out harsher than he meant, but he couldn't stop the rushing blood in his veins. He watched as Dianne clamped her eyes shut, reaching up to wipe away a rogue tear.

"I wanted to tell you, Joe. You have no idea how much I wanted - "

"So why didn't you?" Joe interrupted, slipping and letting anger take full control of his voice.

Dianne let out a small sob, before dropping her face into her hands, her shoulders shaking slightly. Joe felt his heart - that had been encased in ice since this morning - thaw just a little. Without thinking, he reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder, rubbing up and down slowly with his thumb. She began to calm down, feeling his touch and soon she was just softly sniffling into her hands.

"Dianne," Joe started again softly, still grazing the skin of her shoulder. "I just want you to be honest. That's it."

He watched as she lifted her head, nodding slowly. "I want to be. I'm going to be."

Joe lifted his hand and leaned back, nodding for her to continue. She took in another breath and started to speak again.

"I recently got back into dancing," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "That's why I was in London when Oasis Island found me. I was looking for places to live so I could properly audition for things out there. Australia's dance scene is small - the UK is honestly the top of the top in the ballroom world, so I thought I'd take a chance and just go for it."

Joe nodded encouragingly, knowing she wasn't done.

"I told you Marisol approached me in a restaurant - which is true. But I said yes to going on the show because she promised me it would be a great first step for getting my name out into the dance world in London. She said everybody watches Oasis Island, and this was going to be my big break."