Chapter 5

Dianne opened one eye, taking in her surroundings quickly. Sunlight filtered in through the gauzy white drapes that hung across the wall of windows, and the light sound of snores and airy breaths echoed around her. She squeezed the eye back shut, willing herself to go back to sleep, before realizing her full bladder wouldn't let her. With a sigh, she rolled over, aiming to quietly head to the bathroom.

However, a heavy weight over her waist stopped her movement. Opening her eyes again, she gazed down and realized the heavy object was an arm...an arm attached to a floppy haired Joe Sugg. When they had finally left the cabana and gone into the big shared bedroom the night before, everyone had been fast asleep. Joe and Dianne had been forced to quietly climb into the remaining bed without talking, and go to sleep, shyness taking over both of them as they had fallen asleep curled up facing opposite sides of the bed.

Although that had clearly changed in the middle of the night, as Dianne realized it wasn't just Joe's arm that was touching her - their legs were also intertwined, and her back was flush against his chest.

Taking a moment to enjoy the feeling of his body against hers, the urge to wee became too strong to ignore, and Dianne reached out to lift Joe's arm off her waist. She heard him let out a muffled groan as his grip tightened.

Dianne let out a little giggle before she whispered, "Joe! Let me go! I'm about to wee in the bed!"

"Don't go," he mumbled against her shoulder.

Dianne rolled her eyes before tugging his hand away. "Okay fine, but be quick, you're so nice and warm," he relented, a pout on his lips.

Dianne giggled again before running to the loo. On her way back into the bedroom, she took in her surroundings - each of the beds was filled by a couple, all still sound asleep, despite the bright sunshine starting to peek through. She pondered for a moment about what time it was...when they'd be woken up for the date competition they'd been promised...and what the next few weeks were going to bring.

---

In a half-awake haze, Joe felt the mattress dip as Dianne pulled back the covers and crawled back in. He couldn't help the smile tugging at his lips as he felt her move closer and lift his arm back up and over her waist, snuggling in close to his body.

"Are you awake?!" she whispered as she noticed his smile.

He opened one eye, catching her gaze. For the first time that morning, he took in the sight of her. No makeup, hair pulled back in a haphazard ponytail - and the unrelenting sparkle still in her eyes, as her head moved a tiny bit closer to his. He felt his stomach flip.

She smacked his arm softly and giggled again, as he rolled onto his back, moving his arm so it was behind her back, her lifting her head and resting it on his shoulder. That giggle, he thought to himself, would be his downfall. He had a vague memory of falling asleep about as far away from her as he could have been in the bed - something about sleeping in the same bed as someone he had just met had made him unexpectedly shy.

"I swear when we went to sleep," he whispered and pointed across the bed. "You were over there."

Dianne blushed a deep pink before responding, "Yeah well when I woke up, you were holding me hostage with your arm."

"I was not!" Joe retorted indignantly.

Dianne's jaw dropped as she started giggling again, "Yes you were! And then you told me not to go when I was about to wee myself - wait, do you not remember doing that 2 minutes ago?"

Joe grinned sheepishly. "I'm a deep sleeper."

Dianne returned the smile and snuggled deeper into his side, before whispering, "You're comfy."